• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Residue After NXT wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Residue After NXT wash

Well last week i washed my car with the NXT car wash and after i dried it there was this white cloudiness over the whole car that would not wipe off. This has never happened to me before when i was using mothers gold car wash. I put a little over four ounces in 4 1/2 gallons of water.

What is this cloudiness?
    2003 BMW X5 4.4i

Re: White Residue After NXT wash

Did any soap dry on the paint?

Comment

Maybe some soap dried while you were on other parts of the vehicle and you didn't water enough to remove the dried soap

What was your process?

Comment

nope i wash a few panels then rinse then move on to the next panels.
        2003 BMW X5 4.4i

Comment

The only thing I could think of, having used NXT car wash soap is that it dried on the surface of the car before you got it off. Was the surface of the car hot? Were you in direct sunlight? These are both factors which could contribute to your problem.

Andy
          101impala
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I agree with everyone so far. NXT drying on the paint due to heat or surface temp can be the only things i can think of. I use NXT wash on a daily basis for customers cars and have never had a problem. Got any pics of what it looks like?
            ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
            Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
            210-281-8151

Comment

nope i actually did it too late in the day and it got dark and it was cold. the stuff was on there for very little time. Not enough to dry on AT ALL. IDK it is strange. I will try to get pics.

2003 BMW X5 4.4i

Comment

This is strange all right

Did you try QD'ing the cloudiness area?
                I would try something like Cleaner wax in a small area and compare if it removes the white spots, if it does then duplicate this in the hole vehicle.

Still strange

Comment

Ya i tried wiping in one spot and it came off a bit but i had to press hard and that wasn't going to work. I used the DA with m83 and it seemed to come off. its just a pain to do the whole car and i dont want to wash it and then it happens again.
                  2003 BMW X5 4.4i

Comment

are you sure it was from the washing? Not from a tree or something??
                    If you think it it's expensive to hire a professional,
                    hire an amateur first.
                    King of the Mustang louvers

Comment

Originally posted by maarten22 View Post
                      are you sure it was from the washing? Not from a tree or something??
                      quite
                      2003 BMW X5 4.4i

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');