• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand -vs- Machine Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand -vs- Machine Application

Just asking what everyone’s opinion about working with hands versus machines. I understand that this is the working by hand thread and that is why I thought I would start here. But I was wondering if anyone out there switches between a rotary and/or polisher? I personally have both and understand that there is a need for them when certain situations or problems arise but prefer to work by hand because of the level of control that working by hand allows. I also feel that I get better results working by hand, not to mention when others see the results, I personally have a better sense of pride. Just getting everyone else’s $0.02.

Re: Hand -vs- Machine Application

I use a rotary for everything now but LSP, which I use a DA for.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick response but I have no clue what a LSP or DA is referring too...

Comment

DA = Dual Action

LSP would be wax rather than polish.
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

LSP = Last Step Product

Comment

I use the G100 for working the paint. Its a great time saver. It also provides control. By that I mean. The first oscillation will have as much force behind it as the last. With using your hands, you get tired, less passion. Thats my 0.02
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use my hands because I am a starving college student

I am probably not the only one, but we tend not to be common

-nick
              Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

I personally get better results when applying the wax by machine. I promise that I can get a thinner, more even coat with the DA than you ever could by hand, so I'm not sure what the "more control" comment means. If you know how to properly use a buffer you'll have more "control" than you have by hand.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');