• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing towels, mitts, wipes, microfibers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing towels, mitts, wipes, microfibers

I have a question about washing this stuff in my washing machine. I have the following:

-Lambs wool wash mitt
    -Microfiber wash mitt
    -100% cotton terry towels
    -Microfibers for glass
    -Ultimate wipes
    -The Absorber
    -A waffle-type drying cloth
    -Supreme shine microfibers

I know not to use powder detergent or fabric softener but can all of these items be washed together or are there some things that should be separated? Should they all air-dry or be thrown in the dryer?

Re: Washing towels, mitts, wipes, microfibers

I would wash the wool wash mitt, terry towels and absorber separate from all the others. I line dry all my stuff but others have said they toss theirs in the dry w/o dryer sheets.
    I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Thanks Playr.

Comment

-Lambs wool wash mitt
        -Microfiber wash mitt
        -100% cotton terry towels
        -Microfibers for glass
        -Ultimate wipes
        -The Absorber
        -A waffle-type drying cloth
        -Supreme shine microfibers

That is what I would wash together.

I wash mine on the heavy duty cycle, hot water, rinse cycle with vinegar, and then any more rinse cycles needed until there is not a bunch of soap floating around at the top (really only happens if you put too much soap in). Then dry in the drying with heat.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post

...and then any more rinse cycles needed until there is not a bunch of soap floating around at the top (really only happens if you put too much soap in).
          Ditto. My fiance thinks I am crazy. I constantly check the wash water for clarity when washing my microfiber towels. They hang onto soap too well! Even with just a tiny amount of Woolite, I usually have 3 rinse cycles to get all the soap out.

Comment

Originally posted by EAT HEMI View Post
            Ditto. My fiance thinks I am crazy. I constantly check the wash water for clarity when washing my microfiber towels. They hang onto soap too well! Even with just a tiny amount of Woolite, I usually have 3 rinse cycles to get all the soap out.

We car crazy get that a lot "we are crazy for the public"

Comment

I would suggest not drying the absorber. It comes out of the dryer like a piece of cardboard. You just have to rewet it . Learned from experiance.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wash terry towels separately, and if you use any MF towels on wheels, or other really dirty towels, wash them separately from your "wax removal" towels.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                  I would suggest not drying the absorber. It comes out of the dryer like a piece of cardboard. You just have to rewet it . Learned from experiance.
                  Yeah I forgot to exclude that in my original post. When my Absorber comes out of the washer I put it right into its container. Not only should you never put them in a dryer but they should never be allowed to air dry either. Believe it or not, I've been using the same Absorber for 15 years! I finally bought a new one last month. The old one will be retired to drying the dog after a bath. Speaking of the Absober I was at my local Advance Auto last week and noticed they now sell an extra large version.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');