• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing mitts and towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing mitts and towels

How often do you guys replace your washing mitts and microfibers? My mitts are old but still in good shape. My microfibers are about 8-10 months old. I wash them after each use in Woolite and dry with no dryer sheet. I would assume you replace your mitts more frequently than the towels.

Re: Replacing mitts and towels

Personally I don't have like a deadline, it's not something like " oh 5 months and I need to replace", I just let time decide.

What I do is that I separate the interior from the exterior microfiber towels, whenever the exterior microfibers get worn out I buy new ones and I put the old exterior microfiber towels in the interior microfiber storage bin

Comment

I tend to buy the cheaper Target brand MF's for my interior and applying dressings, doing windows, etc, so my good Suprme Shines and new Ulimate Wipes tend to last longer for the paint. Havent really needed to replace any yet, but then its just me, not a business.

As far as sponges, mitts, I have always used chenille, and after a while some clumps of fiber start to fall out and leave bare spots. Thats when I replace them. Just got a MF mitt now, have to see how it does.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ive never really needed to replace my Supreme Shines for the same reason as Murr, Im not in a business so I only use them on my personal Jeeps.

Ive had the MF mitt for almost a year(year this june) and it seems to be holding up great. I alternate between it and a sheep skin mitt though, so its not used all the time.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I just eyeball it. No definitve time frame for me either. When in doubt, replace.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

My microfiber towels are probably ready to be replaced. I've got about a dozen of them and they have been around for at least 2 years. I'll probably just keep them aside for doing the interior.

It's hard to find any half decent microfiber towels on the market. There's some that are either too small or too large (like a beach towel). Some are also too thin for waxing. I don't have too many big automotive places around me. Walmart sells some and so does a few other department stores, but I don't think the quality is very good.

Comment

no ive found that store mf scratch the paint. if they cling to your skin they will scratch the paint meguires dont cling to your skin.
              1984 buick grand national 1987 engine

1989 gmc s15 jimmy 4x4 winter beater

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');