• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY Speed Level 6 on the G110?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY Speed Level 6 on the G110?

Can someone please tell me WHY they even give you a Speed 6 on the G110 when they tell you NEVER to use that speed. [Is this like the one forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden]?

Re: WHY Speed Level 6 on the G110?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

USE SPEED 6.

I think they say that because you may get premeture pad failure. I find this more of a reason to not use the Megs pads than to not use speed 6. I never use anything but speed 6 when doing correcting work and I get so much better results than when I was stuck at 5. Seriously use speed 6 and if your Megs pads start to break up then just switch to the Lake Country Pads. the 5" and 5.5" Lake Country pads correct better anyway.

Comment

As mentioned, other companies do recommend speed 6 for their products. PB is one of them.

Comment

Might be there for the future!

Have you ever noticed we come out with new products, new technology?

Just recently we launched D151, earlier this year we launched M95, M105, M21 2.0, NXT 2.0, M135, UQD... these have all been introductions of *New* technology. Who knows what's around the corner?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Just recently we launched D151, earlier this year we launched M95, M105, M21 2.0, NXT 2.0, M135, UQD... these have all been introductions of *New* technology. Who knows what's around the corner?

Does the G110 run on 1.21 GIGAWATTS?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by EAT HEMI View Post
              Does the G110 run on 1.21 GIGAWATTS?!?!?
              It might in the future!

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Just need a Flux Capacitor and MP3 player with bluetooth mind you for wireless music

LOL
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Before I started using a rotary, I used to use speed 6 all the time on the PC. You can see some increased pad wear around the adhesive patch for the backing plate if you do it a lot. Simply it does a little more work a little bit faster. Its' not that big of a deal.

Comment

these have all been introductions of *New* technology. Who knows what's around the corner?
                    Whoa....so you are saying that the stack of 30 pads I just ordered will be obsolete when megs comes out with "speed 6 rated" pads?

Sorry, just having fun with the cool smilies I do not have on other boards

Comment

Why....

Instead of developing a motor from scratch, which would be very costly, we sourced one that best fit our needs, and implemented it into our new G110. This means we had to be sensitive to the higher OPMS's....With that said, we must comment on the following statements.

Originally posted by CleanGSR View Post
                      USE SPEED 6..
                      We, Meguiar's, do not recommend speed 6, so please be careful with the forceful recommendations, especially when posting in caps...

I never use anything but speed 6 when doing correcting work and I get so much better results than when I was stuck at 5..
                      So much better results.... If you are having success at only 6, please proceed, but we must caution everyone else with regards to this approach.

Seriously use speed 6 and if your Megs pads start to break up then just switch to the Lake Country Pads. the 5" and 5.5" Lake Country pads correct better anyway.
                      We get great results each week in classes, and have heard /witnessed raves about defect removal at speeds 5 and below. Therefore, we respect that you use speed 6 with Lake Country pads, but at this time, we by no means endorse the use of speed 6 of our dual action polisher with our pads.....

2 statements we live by and need to stress...

Always use the least aggressive method.

It is always to be safe than sorry.

Mike
                      Mike Pennington
                      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                      Meguiar's, Inc.
                      800-854-8073
                      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Perhaps SPEED 6 will cause the Flux Capacitor to fail before you reach 88 mph
                        White 1967 Pontiac GTO
                        Black 2009 GMC Sierra SLT

Comment

Originally posted by cyberized View Post
                          Can someone please tell me WHY they even give you a Speed 6 on the G110 when they tell you NEVER to use that speed. [Is this like the one forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden]?

LOL. If one day you should decide to channel either Dr. Emmett Brown or Master Detailer Kevin Brown, speed 6 will take you there!

Comment

Tim the "Toolman" Taylor says: 'cuss it's more power! Oohu, oohu, oohuuu.

Comment

I've had good luck with my G100 at speed 5. With the increase in DA-approved products that provide more cut than previously before, the products are strong enough to get the good paint correction at speed 5, not speed 6.

For instance, I used D151 w/ G100 this past weekend and had really good results. Did it correct everything? No, but it did a good job.
                              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');