• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood/plastic finish & air vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood/plastic finish & air vents

What are you using to clean these areas? I was thinking GC Vinyl/Rubber Protectant...
    Bisko
    2006 BMW 325i - Black

Re: Wood/plastic finish & air vents

For plastic surfaces like the air vents, if these are flat black then use Gold Class Trim Detailer for a dressing and after applying wipe the excess off or use our Quik Interior Detailer, either the wipes or the spray, just be sure to apply and then wipe off any excess.

For the plastic decorative wood components, if it's shiny and smooth you can use something like PlastX or even a car wax like NXT. Just apply a little, apply gently and then wipe off any excess, if you choose to use a wax on these surfaces apply a thin coat and let the wax dry before wiping it off.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mr. Phillips!!!
      Bisko
      2006 BMW 325i - Black

Comment

If you can spray some Quick Interior Detailer on a brush, and kind of wipe around inside the vents, you can get some of the dust out as well.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr. I had smokers in my ride before and it smells like shhh.
          Bisko
          2006 BMW 325i - Black

Comment

Spray some odor eliminator into the air intake vent and it will get rid of the smell in all of the vents that go into the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              If you can spray some Quick Interior Detailer on a brush, and kind of wipe around inside the vents, you can get some of the dust out as well.
              For this I like to use the foam paint brush. You can usually pick them up at a dollar store. They come in a variety of widths and thicknesses. I find it a real time saver.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

i mist my brush with apc, works great. Will have a go with interior detailer next time around.
                Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  This is what I do and it does an amazing job

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                    Spray some odor eliminator into the air intake vent and it will get rid of the smell in all of the vents that go into the car.
                    is it safe to get on plastic vents??? if any excess is not removed??
                    im just afraid that maybe it will turn the colour into something else..

thx
                    Ganesa,
                    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

For the Air Vents use Q Tips or Detailing Stix
                      Joel
                      Firefighter/EMT-B
                      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                      '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
                        is it safe to get on plastic vents??? if any excess is not removed??
                        im just afraid that maybe it will turn the colour into something else..

thx
                        I've done it on many cars and never had a problem. Some of the time, the Odor Eliminator has sat on the plastic for a while before I got around to washing it. If you are worried about it still, put some dressing on it before you do it.

Comment

I would also look into replacing the cabin filter in the vehicle if the smoke smell is something you are trying to tackle.
                          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');