• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Scratches, chips, egged touch up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Scratches, chips, egged touch up...

So I saw something interesting as I was getting my 3M clear bra installed last weekend. The installer (friend of mine) took a red Crayola crayon to fill in 2 little chips since I didn't have any touch up paint. to my surprise it matched very well and did an excellent job of filling it in. Now I know there is not a color for every car but with 100+ colors of crayons I would think people can find something close. Since it is a wax I would think it would protect the scratch or chip from rusting.

Has anyone ever tried this? Seems like a cheap and possible solution for people that don't want to have the panel repainted.

I'm guessing you would go over a scratch perpedicular with a few coats and then maybe follow up with a clay bar to remove it from the area around the scratch?

What do you guys think?
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Re: Deep Scratches, chips, egged touch up...

I dunno, I think you would be better off to go get a pint of paint mixed up.
    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Sounds interesting. My thinking its more of a temporary thing to you can get the matching paint. We all have been known to get anal about our cars. lol
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I like it! Not that bad of an idea. Until I perfect the art of touch up paint I just might pick up a box of crayons. My touch up never turns out as good as I want but I am getting better.
        Scott

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');