• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M84 + Wool on rotary = Not enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M84 + Wool on rotary = Not enough

Originally posted by AeroCleanse
    It's almost like the swirls / spider webs are there, then they cleared over it. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen, but thats the feeling I got.

So after the M105 on the rotary, I hit it with M83 on a DA. The M83 didn't seem to change it at all.

Must be harder than glass
    If everything you've tried so far is having little or no effect then it might be time to get a second opinion, is there anyone you now with years of polishing experience you could show this to?

Originally posted by AeroCleanse
    Is it possible to wet sand them out, or because its a OEM paint job is that ill advised?
    If you're not making a dent in the swirls that are already in the paint then it's going to be hard to remove sanding marks also. If the paint is truly the problem here, as in it just is not very polishable then it might be time to walk away from this project.

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
    I would give that a try and work smaller areas than normal.

Tim
    This is a good tip, just make sure you don't get the paint too hot, you should always be able to place the palm of your hand onto the surface without finding yourself jerking your hand away quickly because it's too hot.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: M84 + Wool on rotary = Not enough

Anyway we you can post some pictures in different light of what you are experiencing...

This may also help diagnose the situation.

Mike
      Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');