• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing plate

Besides the w67da plate is there any other one that will work correctly with the g110? like the w64da?
    -- www.fquick.com/TRIPOWER --

Re: Backing plate

Are you looking for something smaller? bigger? just different?

Lake Country makes a 3.5" if your looking to go smaller.

Edit: I'm guessing the G110 takes the same as the G100.
    Scott

Comment

Looking for the factory part, my backing plate wont be in untill tues or wed of next week and I cant wait any longer. I found a store that sells meguiars products locally and they have some backing plates there but they dont have the w67da only the w64da just wanted to know if it will work with the g110 untill the w67 comes in?

Comment

Most backing plates for an air powered DA Sander like those used in body shops will work to hold a foam pad to the machine, you just want to avoid the larger sizes as you don't want the edge of the backing plate to close to the outer edge of the foam pad, you could hurt something.

So if you want one today, you need to be driving to your local PBE store or stores and checking to see what they have and if they don't have one they can usually get you one in a day or two.

PBE stores are your friend. Locate the ones in your hometown and then visit them to see what they care and maybe see if their countermen know the product line.

They should we invest time and energy into educating the countermen so when you go looking for a cleaner/polish to remove swirls they don't sell you a bottle of M07 Show Car Glaze.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thats what I did I found a PBE store close to me sells the meguiars products and they seemed to know what they were talking about but I will find out tomorrow when I goto the store. Mike I will let you know how knowledgeable they were with there products.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIPOWER1 View Post
            Thats what I did I found a PBE store close to me sells the Meguiar's products and they seemed to know what they were talking about but I will find out tomorrow when I goto the store. Mike I will let you know how knowledgeable they were with there products.
            Just be nice!

Some of these guys are pretty sharp, some of these guys don't care as they're just putting their time in, and some of these guys only know 3M and will try to steer you towards a 3M products.

p.s.

Share the forum with them!
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');