• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Brightener: First Use Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Brightener: First Use Review

I just want to say, I got absolutely wide eyed reading this label. And then I opened the gallon jug and quaffed it a little to get a scent. It should be criminal to make something so deadly smell so good!! :p LOL.

Anyhow, I diluted 4:1. 24 oz water, 6 oz wheel brightener. got wheels wet, sprayed on WB, let sit for 20 seconds, and agitated. Man these wheels look so good now! Cleaned and left shiny!

Once again, Meguiar's delivers with a superb product!! So easy to use.

Of course, I washed my hands when I was done, I had to wipe the #26 off wifey's car.

Matthew 19:26

Re: Wheel Brightener: First Use Review

WB is a really good product!
    SYDSTER

Comment

be very carefull not to use it on uncoated alluminum. It will ruin those. I don't understand why people buy uncoated alluminum in a first place? Using P21S gel is kinda expensive...

Comment

WB is a great product, I really use it all the time (when I can) and it saves a lot of time in detailing

Comment

WB is awesome. My mothers benz wheels get BLACK. Spray them down with WB, then do a second coat while the first coat of WB is soaking and they brake dust just starts to roll off.
          If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged View Post
            be very carefull not to use it on uncoated alluminum. It will ruin those. I don't understand why people buy uncoated alluminum in a first place? Using P21S gel is kinda expensive...

Non-coated aluminum wheels will essentially last forever as long as you don’t damage them in some way ( warp, bend or deeply scratch etc..) and have the right products and patients to keep them looking great.

When the coating on coated wheels start to discolor (over a long period of time) or cracks, chips etc. there isn’t a whole lot you can do about it. I’ve seen coated wheels that have small chips from wheel weights etc.. that looked like moisture was starting to creep in or something and really destroyed the looks of the wheel.

Besides, I don’t think you can get the bright mirror like pop from a coated wheel like you can from a highly polished aluminum wheel.

Not against coated wheels..... two of our vehicles have coated wheels..... just some thoughts on the subject.

I haven’t used Wheel Brightener but, if I did a lot of detailing on the side, I’m sure it would be an essential product to have.

I usually keep wax on my wheels and wipe down with Last Touch after each wash so, it doesn’t take more than a wheel brush and what is in my wash bucket to clean them up.

Comment

I was just going to say the above. I have uncoated aluminum wheels on my truck. They require more maintenance, but they look great polished up, and I don't have to worry about any coatings failing or a tire shop damaging the finish on the edges...

I have used WB on my wheels before when I thought they were chrome since NXT polish didn't turn black. Turns out, there was just a ton of crud and oxidized metal on there. Hot Rims Polish took care of that in no time though!

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post
                Non-coated aluminum wheels will essentially last forever as long as you don’t damage them in some way ( warp, bend or deeply scratch etc..) and have the right products and patients to keep them looking great.

When the coating on coated wheels start to discolor (over a long period of time) or cracks, chips etc. there isn’t a whole lot you can do about it. I’ve seen coated wheels that have small chips from wheel weights etc.. that looked like moisture was starting to creep in or something and really destroyed the looks of the wheel.

Besides, I don’t think you can get the bright mirror like pop from a coated wheel like you can from a highly polished aluminum wheel.

Not against coated wheels..... two of our vehicles have coated wheels..... just some thoughts on the subject.

I haven’t used Wheel Brightener but, if I did a lot of detailing on the side, I’m sure it would be an essential product to have.

I usually keep wax on my wheels and wipe down with Last Touch after each wash so, it doesn’t take more than a wheel brush and what is in my wash bucket to clean them up.
                I love my Wheel Brightener, but would not risk using it on uncoated alluminum wheels, as mistake can be very pricey. I don't have uncoated wheels on any of my cars, and would never pay a dollar for them, as P21S gel wheel cleaner is very pricey.

Comment

WB also does better without wetting the wheel first just for reference. If you read the label it says to just spray the product on the wheel, not to wet the wheel first. It makes sense as the water you spray on the wheel before the WB just acts to dilute it more than the 4:1 ratio.
                  Jason

Comment

I have clear coated aluminum wheels with a spot of curb rash on two of them. Should I not use wheel brightener on them? I just ordered some from ADS along with some other detailer line stuff (like 20 minutes ago).

I've used All-Wheel Cleaner on them to date without problems, and wanted to switch to buying in bulk. Should I dilute Wheel Brightener more than 4:1?

Comment

The best advice is always to test it on a small spot where you won't be upset if it stains them.
                      Jason

Comment

How do you know if your aluminum is coated or uncoated?
                        Joel
                        Firefighter/EMT-B
                        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                        '99 F-150

Comment

^ What he said

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Take some polish on a white terry towel and rub for a while. If you get black residue on the towel then it is uncoated.
                            Jason

Comment

Thanks.
                              Joel
                              Firefighter/EMT-B
                              Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                              "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                              '99 F-150

Comment

Working...
                              X