• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2 vs Gold Class Liquid wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2 vs Gold Class Liquid wax

Hi folks. I first just want to say that I am new to the detailing game. I've been reading this site over the cold winter months soaking up all I could. Now that spring has finally arrived in Canada, I have been happily becoming obsessed and addicted to cleaning my vehicles.

I have a black Dodge and a dark blue Honda. Like probably everyone else here, my new addiction has included trying all kinds of different products and combinations. It really is enjoyable.

I'm posting this first as my own observations and second as a reality check for advice (very much welcome).

I clayed and polished each time before using both of these waxes. When I look at the result after the NXT Tech 2 (especially on black), the best word I can come up with to describe the finish is "sterile". Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful product and easy to apply. If you like big shine and perfect reflections, this is the ultimate product. But I seem to prefer the gloss and deep colour from the Gold Class Liquid. I don't know if these are the right adjectives, but it seems more natural to me.

Am I off my rocker or am I just too much of a rookie? I appreciate the technology of the new synthetics, but I appear to prefer the old school.

Re: NXT 2 vs Gold Class Liquid wax

I always thought the difference was so small (if any) that the only thing worth mentioning was the extra darkening effect and swirl hiding abilities of NXT. Personally, I switch between all my waxes depending on what I feel like applying and playing with.

Comment

Well the difference in the 2 is GC is a carnauba synthetic blend and NXT 2.0 is all synthetic with added hydrophobic polymer protection . As for which one looks better that varies from person to person. You are not off your rocker for preferring GC. GC is a great product and there are still lots of car enthusiast and professionals who prefer GC over all others. I love NXT 2.0 but i still use GC every once in a while and still recommend it to my customers. I don't try to make one seem better than the other i just simply tell them the differences in the 2 and let the customer decide. to Meguiar's Online!
      ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
      Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
      210-281-8151

Comment

Originally posted by allnitro View Post
        Hi folks. I first just want to say that I am new to the detailing game. I've been reading this site over the cold winter months soaking up all I could. Now that spring has finally arrived in Canada, I have been happily becoming obsessed and addicted to cleaning my vehicles.

I have a black Dodge and a dark blue Honda. Like probably everyone else here, my new addiction has included trying all kinds of different products and combinations. It really is enjoyable.

I'm posting this first as my own observations and second as a reality check for advice (very much welcome).

I clayed and polished each time before using both of these waxes. When I look at the result after the NXT Tech 2 (especially on black), the best word I can come up with to describe the finish is "sterile". Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful product and easy to apply. If you like big shine and perfect reflections, this is the ultimate product. But I seem to prefer the gloss and deep colour from the Gold Class Liquid. I don't know if these are the right adjectives, but it seems more natural to me.

Am I off my rocker or am I just too much of a rookie? I appreciate the technology of the new synthetics, but I appear to prefer the old school.
        First of all, Welcome to MOL!

The difference between the two is minimal. The thing to do is find something you like to use, that gives you the results you want and use that.
        If you are happy with the GC, then use the GC. In the end it is you that have to be happy with your end result.
        The technology is different between the 2 waxes you mentioned with NXT being a polymer base.

Andy
        101impala
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');