• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g110 died..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g110 died..

Well I guess I am one of the unlucky ones.. It was the first nice day in western NY that I had free. So I started out this morning with my new g110... Being a newbie it took me a bit to find the right pad/product combination.. Finally go the hang of it when the g110 started smelling a bit and then started dieing. Once it died it did not want to start up again.. Looks like I need to call Meguiars and ship it back.

I know that they will take care of me, but I was just upset that this was my first time using anything other than manual labor.. I was excited and disappointed all within 30 minutes.. oh well.

Re: g110 died..

Don't worry I was unlucky with mine too. Just contact Meguiar's either by phone or email and they will take care of you.

Comment

I feel your pain did mine last Thursday same situation, I was almost done with the wax then died calling them tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Yeah mine died too about 1.5 hours into the job. Seems just when I was starting to get the hang of it and it just quit on me. I called Meguiars on Monday and had a new unit on Thursday. They sent me out a new unit even before receiving my old one. Great customer service they have.

Comment

Mailed it back yesterday... Oh well i guess I will jsut have to wait a bit longer to have some fun.

Comment

HHmm just when I was determined to buy a 110 I read this post... I suppose I'll go back to the rotary idea then.
            Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

No worries Tx, Meg's had a bad batch come off the lines the first time out. New G110s are "fixed."

How do you know when it dies? Does it just turn off? I purchased mine right as it was new and have only had it on for about 6 hours. I'm concerned about it dieing in the future.

Comment

My G110 also died last week...

Taiwan Meg's service is very good, change new one to me very soon~
                I just study the design, G110 maybe have tow bugs...
                My English is not very good, it's so difficult for me to explain that...
                I will take some photo, and mail to Mike...

Comment

I purchased one from ADS the other day and when it came in it would not operate, well me being mechanical and impatient I opened the back up and realised that on the side of the motor there was a coil mechanism attached to the brushes and it was not properly connected. Problem solved and I am back in the running. I am not saying this is the issue with all but it may help. Also if you dont know anything about electronics dont even attempt this and always UNPLUG before you touch it!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by impressions View Post
                    I purchased one from ADS the other day and when it came in it would not operate, well me being mechanical and impatient I opened the back up and realised that on the side of the motor there was a coil mechanism attached to the brushes and it was not properly connected. Problem solved and I am back in the running. I am not saying this is the issue with all but it may help. Also if you dont know anything about electronics dont even attempt this and always UNPLUG before you touch it!!!!!!
                    Would you mind taking pictures of this method? I'm expecting my G110 from ads on Friday and if its busted I will be to impatient to wait.
                    Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by TxRado View Post
                      Would you mind taking pictures of this method? I'm expecting my G110 from ads on Friday and if its busted I will be to impatient to wait.
                      I will attempt to get photo's tonight, I had a brain fart on the mechanism name, it should be the stator that is attatched to the brushes.
                      It was a 5 minute fix versus sending it back to ADS.

Comment

Originally posted by aust3333 View Post
                        Yeah mine died too about 1.5 hours into the job. Seems just when I was starting to get the hang of it and it just quit on me. I called Meguiars on Monday and had a new unit on Thursday. They sent me out a new unit even before receiving my old one. Great customer service they have.
                        Welcome to MOL! I think I've seen you somewhere else before.

RamAirV1
                        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
                          Welcome to MOL! I think I've seen you somewhere else before.

RamAirV1
                          Yep, I think you have. You gotta quit following me around dude .

Comment

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');