• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application of APC+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application of APC+

Hey guys,

Directions for APC+ indicate applying it (and not letting it dry) and then following up with water. How do you apply it?

It makes sense on carpets or upholstery but what about on the dashboard, for example?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Application of APC+

Well i cant speak for everyone but i have one bucket and rag for the APC and one bucket with clean water and a separate rag for that as well. After i give an area a good wipe down with APC i follow back over it with the water and water rag.
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

On cloth I will tend to follow with a damp cloth, but for the dash/other interior plastic, I will just wipe with a QID or Nxt Tech Protectant, etc, to follow up.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just rinse with a clean bucket of water and a terry cloth towel.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use a damp cloth as well

Comment

I've had some left on leather and it ate the color off.

Comment

Yea, I tend to try my best not to spray APC+ directly onto leather. Ive seen it leave spotting on the leather when that happens.

For the dash, I spray it onto an old MF then wipe everything down. I follow that with a clean wet mf to wipe the APC+ back off.

I do the same thing on leather.

I always put a proptectant back on the dash and leather after using a product like APC+.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I was doing a test spot and that is basically what I did with a section of my dirty dashboard.

I applied APC+, let it sit for a few seconds and then scrubbed. I then wiped it off with water. I then followed up with some Quik Interior Detailer.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');