• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TO flex or not to flex that is the question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO flex or not to flex that is the question

Has anyone used the flex against the porter cable or any other brand??

Is it really worth the extra money or is it just hype???

How about the festool is it even more hype???
    Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: TO flex or not to flex that is the question

We tested them all in 2007 and we are a "Flexed" up company now! We spent a ton on polishers to do this testing and the Flex was the last one we tested and we love'em!

Over eight years with the Porter Cable...ten years with Cyclo's and we tested everything from Festools, Dewalt and a handful of others totaling nearly a dozen brands/models.

We Flexed Up for good reason...
    Renny Doyle
    Attention To Details
    "Detailers of Air Force One"
    www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

I have a Meg's G100, and I just got my FLEX. I don't have a ton of experience with it, but I would say it definitely has more "oomph" and flexibility (excuse the lame pun).

Grab it!

Comment

The only thing stopping me from buying one is two pro detailers that I know don't like'em.

I'll have to wait until I actually try one.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

You can try mine in June Joe...it takes a little getting use to but the correction is incredible! After about ten hours of working with it...I was sold!
          Renny Doyle
          Attention To Details
          www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

I knew I would get to use one up there.

I am really looking forward to it. Thanks for the offer.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
              The only thing stopping me from buying one is two pro detailers that I know don't like'em.

I'll have to wait until I actually try one.
              Just as one can't please all the people all the time no tool will please everybody. Pleasing overwhelming majority though is pretty close to perfect and overwhelming majority of hundreds of Flex owners do seem to be pleased by theirs. That does not mean reasons your friends have are not solid, I am pretty sure they are, but just that often what does not please one person is still OK for many others.

That is why it is best that you make your own opinion hands on. In the end it still might not work for you but you might find it might work to give to your temps / employees that are less skilled with rotary than you.

Comment

I've also had a Meguiar's G100 for more than 3 years now and just recently acquired a Flex. I must say that it's a MUST HAVE!!! It has a ton of correcting ability and it cuts your time down significantly! It's also easy to learn since it's a true DA Polisher.

Go for it!!!!
                2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I have used and yes it has a little more rpm goes' the opposite way the pc and others' do so you have to get use to it an since i'm old school i can't seem to get one so i stay with the pc and a makita high speed that is where you get the correction no orbital is going to give true correction thanks for all the info guys'
                  Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am playing with the Flex and 105 right now and all I can say is WOW! We are gaining results that are very, very promising and with results and profits that far above other systems we have used...so far!
                    Renny Doyle
                    Attention To Details
                    www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post
                      I am playing with the Flex and 105 right now and all I can say is WOW! We are gaining results that are very, very promising and with results and profits that far above other systems we have used...so far!

Renny

Which flex are you using with 105, the rotary 3403 or the 3401 dual action?

Comment

I'm sure you are and that is great but rotary is the only way you get true correction a da just won't do it but for the small and light stuff it does' some what good

I will go to the show in fla. i think it is june and want to check out the other new da and rotary's i hear that there will be a bunch to try there with different product's should be fun hope to see you there

Comment

I am using the 3401 Dual Action. As for only getting true correction from a rotary...with all due respect, that is incorrect. Would you call 2000 sanding marks correction? If so the Flex is dealing with that issue with little effort within our shops on a daily basis.

I would agree that one can only realize "heavy" correction from a rotary but the Flex is performing correction at levels we are surprised to see.

Again, I am not trying to be a jerk but the Flex and Festool alike are making correction easier and safer with not only 105 but several products so you may desire to test these units out for your own knowledge and use.

Happy detailing all...
                          Renny Doyle
                          Attention To Details
                          www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post
                            Would you call 2000 sanding marks correction? If so the Flex is dealing with that issue with little effort within our shops on a daily basis.
                            Yup- If I can do it with a G110 random-orbital...
                            A forced-rotation machine should be able to handle those defects, too.
                            The Flex can and does remove 2000 grit marks without a problem.

But for me... Not my style.
                            I really wanted to like it but didn't.
                            Seems that I'm the minority, and that's alright.
                            Stoops & I are the odd-couple, I guess.

For you guys & gals out there that aren't proficient with a rotary, you may like the forced-rotation machines for removing serious defects.

The Dynabrade attachment is another good option.
                            Kevin Brown
                            NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Kevin if it will make you feel better - I HATE IT TOO!!

I never used one but I'd hate to see you hang'n out there all by yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');