• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messages not posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages not posted

In the last six months, I have had two responses to posted messages never show up. About two weeks ago I posted a response to someone who had commented about my "going green" question. Since I didn't hear from the moderator, I am not sure whether I had a technical problem or whether someone decided my post was inappropriate.
    Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

Re: Messages not posted

Sounds like a technical problem to me as I never removed any of your posts. I'll send the link to this thread to Tim but there's a record of any actions taken by Admin or Moderators so if any post was removed then their's a record of this.

As long as you're not breaking any forum rules and your messages are family friendly there shouldn't be any problem on our side.

Is it possible you clicked the wrong button or fumbled at the keyboard and clicked away before you message could be posted?

I've done this many times in the past and anytime I have a lot of time invested into a message I copy and paste my text into Notepad before submitting it in case something goes wrong I won't have to re-think the words and then re-type them.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by matrixowner View Post
      In the last six months, I have had two responses to posted messages never show up. About two weeks ago I posted a response to someone who had commented about my "going green" question. Since I didn't hear from the moderator, I am not sure whether I had a technical problem or whether someone decided my post was inappropriate.
      Art,

There has been nothing deleted. We do not remove posts unless they violate the Forum Rules. If and when that is the case, an email is send automatically as well we send an email out to let the individual know what has happened. As Mike mentioned, there is an automatic record of any post deletions.

Thanks
      Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim for checking.

matrixowner:

Trying doing a simple test by replying to this thread and starting a new "Test Thread".

Focus on the task at hand, make sure you don't accidently click on anything until you've clicked on the Submit Reply button.

This one...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I remember the "going green" thread.

This one here: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24009

I think it has 24 replies.

Andy
          101impala
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');