• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Priming a new/dry foam pad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priming a new/dry foam pad.

The instructions the W8006 and W9006 packaging say that the pas should beprimed with M34. Is there something else that will work as well, i.e. QD or UQD? Anyone use somthing other than those that they have found works well?

Thanx in advance!

Re: Priming a new/dry foam pad.

I just use some QD and I haven't had any issues.

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I use QD to it works great.

Ryan

Comment

I would guess that the instructions say to use M34 because it’s sort of universal. It can always be used.

M34 is paint shop safe. The other QD’s aren’t. Since a great many (probably most) users of buffing pads are in body shops it’s safer to just say M34 than try to explain when you can/can’t use the others.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
          M34 is paint shop safe. The other QD’s aren’t. Since a great many (probably most) users of buffing pads are in body shops it’s safer to just say M34 than try to explain when you can/can’t use the others.
          Paint shop safe? Does that mean safe on fresh paint?
          Last edited by premier.mobile1; May 27, 2008, 09:10 PM. Reason: Quote

Comment

It means it’s safe under fresh paint.

In a shop environment you don’t want to be using anything that might interfere with the adhesion of paint. It’s far too easy for minute traces of chemicals to find there way onto surfaces that going to be sprayed.

Lots of detailing products that work great on existing finishes contain ingredients that will cause severe problems with any paint that’s laid down over them.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
              It means it’s safe under fresh paint.

In a shop environment you don’t want to be using anything that might interfere with the adhesion of paint. It’s far too easy for minute traces of chemicals to find there way onto surfaces that going to be sprayed.

Lots of detailing products that work great on existing finishes contain ingredients that will cause severe problems with any paint that’s laid down over them.

PC.
              Learn somthing new every day! Not that I would ever need to know that, but it's always good to have that extra bit of info just in case.

Thanx!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');