• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milano Red Civic + G220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milano Red Civic + G220

Hello folks!... All the way from the UK.

Im quite new to the whole polishing scene, iv been eying it all up for months and took the plunge to buy a load of cleaning stuff about a month ago, I wont bore you with it all but i would like some information about a couple of items or pointers as im having a little trouble:

(im willing to read any links that have good advice as i dont intend to annoy anyone asking for answers to the same questions)

My 2000 Red Civic is now starting to look like a Pinky Red Civic - an obvious disadvantage of single stage paints but what im doing does not seem to realy work to remove the pink-ness.

I started low down the cut product range to avoid any damage while i got used to the G220 and the whole process and started using stronger pads and cream combos till i ended up using the strongest pad and polish i had at that point in time.

Iv tried using:

Menzerna Intensive Polish (P091L) with Sonus DAS Green Polishing PadMenzerna Intensive Polish (P091L) with 5" Menzerna Polishing Pads Orange.

But nothing touches the paint (the scratches are mostly gone and mirror like finish looks very nice but the pink is even more obvious now that the finish is clean and sharp/clear.

I need some advice as i though that i had the product lineup correct (should have bought all megs stuff like i originally planned)

Im now thinking i should get Megs #83 + Megs #80 + Megs
    Meguiars 6.5" Softbuff Cutting Pad?

Please advise as im a bit lost and wanted to produce something along the lines of this link:
    http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15539

My car is only about 25% pink in comparison to the one in the link but enough to annoy me

All advice and comments will be taken in and appreciated!

Thanks again for your time to reply.

Lee

Last edited by OSP; May 30, 2008, 01:14 PM. Reason: Dumb spellings and rubish story telling :p

Re: Milano Red Civic + G220

If this is a single stage paint that is showing signs of oxidation you want M80 Speed Glaze, not M83

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      If this is a single stage paint that is showing signs of oxidation you want M80 Speed Glaze, not M83

Thanks for your reply, what differences would i see getting M80 over M83? (is 83 more abrasive?)

EDIT: Im now unsure as to the actual paint type, iv done a quick search of "single stage paint" in google and some forum members say that the best way to tell if your car is a single stage paint, the pad will pickup color from your cars paint. - thats lead me to believe that my car isn't a single stage paint because i haven't removed any paint?

Kind Regards

Lee

Comment

I have Milano Red on my '08 TSX and it has a tinted clear. M80 worked very well for me. I say give that a shot.
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by OSP View Post
          Thanks for your reply, what differences would i see getting M80 over M83? (is 83 more abrasive?)

M80 has more polishing oils and it's these oils that really go to work to rejuvenate oxidized single stage paints besides also providing lubrication during the cleaning and abrading step.

EDIT: Im now unsure as to the actual paint type, iv done a quick search of "single stage paint" in google and some forum members say that the best way to tell if your car is a single stage paint, the pad will pickup color from your cars paint. - thats lead me to believe that my car isn't a single stage paint because i haven't removed any paint?

Kind Regards

Lee[/quote]

We have a sub-forum called "The Information Station", inside of this sub-forum is a forum category called "Hot Topics" and "How To Articles".

There's always something inside of these forums for everyone, like this one,

How To Test for a Clearcoat or Single Stage Paint Finish
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks again for the replys.

Im going to look into the forum sections mentioned, and google to see if my car is a clear coat version.

But one last thing to get me going - Using M80 with which pad is best? (the megs cutting pad, or polishing pad?)

Thank you all

PS very nice 08 TSX - dosnt exist over here

Comment

Sorry it double posted :p

Comment

Use M80 with the polishing pad (W8006).

Comment

Hello again, iv been asking around in Civic forums and a couple people seem to think the car has a clear coat.

I don't know if this will help advise me?

I would have liked to achieve the affect the Evo had in the image-link posted before.

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');