• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Class - May 31st, 2008 - Pictures & Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Class - May 31st, 2008 - Pictures & Comments

Open Class - Pictures & Comments
    Meguiar's Detailing 101
    Saturday May 31st, 2008

Coffee will be hot and donuts will be fresh!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Open Class - May 31st, 2008 - Pictures & Comments

1st! WoO!

Mike: Thanks for all the help and providing us with some of the tips and tricks that some of us might have otherwise learned the hard way. Also, thanks for the help using the DA on the headlights. Worked 10x better than what i was able to accomplish by hand.

Thanks again!

Chris
    Find something Mike Phillips uses, and use that often.

Comment

Great Class! Thank you to everyone that attended today and thank you to Jim for letting us work on his car!

Here's a couple pictures from the class today, will upload some more on Monday...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank YOU Mike for hosting such an awesome class

I wouldn't consider myself an amateur when it comes to this stuff, but I definitely walked away with more knowledge than when I arrived.

To anyone out there even reasonably close to Irvine (I drove 100+ miles), no matter WHAT your experience...take the trip. You will not be sorry. At the very least you get a chance to pick the brain of one of the best detailers out there (Who happens to be the teacher, and our favorite moderator, haha), but you get awesome pizza and donuts too!

In all seriousness though, this is a great, FUN class for detailers of all experience levels...and once you complete the "basic" class you are then eligible for the advanced classes as well

Thanks again for the tips and the MAGIC pink cream that somehow found its way into my goody bag...

(PS, I was the guy with the RED Focus..and I'm in the black/white/blue shirt with the white hat in the bottom most picture)

Comment

Anything like this in Mass area?
          - Dmitriy
          K&N Filter, Berk TP, HKS Exhaust, CR Knob. HKS & Test Pipe (Video)
          http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8...merday2la9.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
            Thank YOU Mike for hosting such an awesome class

I'm not sure everyone got your humor, but I surely enjoyed it; it made the class very enjoyable.

I wouldn't consider myself an amateur when it comes to this stuff, but I definitely walked away with more knowledge than when I arrived.

To anyone out there even reasonably close to Irvine (I drove 100+ miles), no matter WHAT your experience...take the trip. You will not be sorry. At the very least you get a chance to pick the brain of one of the best detailers out there (Who happens to be the teacher, and our favorite moderator, haha), but you get awesome pizza and donuts too!

In all seriousness though, this is a great, FUN class for detailers of all experience levels...and once you complete the "basic" class you are then eligible for the advanced classes as well

Thanks again for the tips and the MAGIC pink cream that somehow found its way into my goody bag...

(PS, I was the guy with the RED Focus..and I'm in the black/white/blue shirt with the white hat in the bottom most picture)
            I agree 100% with him, this was a FANTASTIC class to attend. Even if you had more than adequate knowledge (like Lumadar) this was a fun way to really strengthen your basic detailing skills and knowledge. Trust me people the trip is worth it!

Thanks Mike for showing us all the proper technique and right products to apply in different situations. Although I'm sure there's plenty more to be learned about detailing, but the stuff you showed us today was more than enough to get us started!
            Fantastic food, great people, invaluable knowledge, and loads of fun! Thanks again for everything Mike!

Comment

Can't wait for the pics!

Comment

Big thanks to Mike the class was great! I had a great time and I learned a great deal about Meguiars' history and products both professional and consumer. Mike is a great teacher and makes sitting through a powerpoint presentation so much more enjoyable. Having taken this class has sparked my interest in taking the advanced course. Thanks for today! I had a great time and I learned a lot about how to, "put some passion behind the pad."

-Adrian

Comment

Thank you so much for the class Mike! Incredibly fun, informational experience.

..Now on to the advanced class!

Comment

Mike, here's a HUGE thank you for hosting (and Mr. Meguiar for paying for!) the Saturday classes! Even with the cost to fly down from Sacramento, the class was worth it. I only wish I lived closer, so that I might go to a Thursday night garage sometime! Who knows, maybe I can make a long weekend of it sometime and drive down.

Having practiced removing defects with the G100 on only about 5 cars over the past year, the class was a great way of putting it all together. It was a refresher for what I'd already learned, reminded me of what I'd forgotten, and taught me some new tips.

Your passion for and extensive experience detailing, along with your great sense of humor, combined with seeing you work your detailing magic live and up close made for a memorable learning experience. I'm sure I'll remember the lessons and tips better than ever.

I was glad for the one full size sample we had in the goodie bag. Thank you!

I hope the accountants can work with the classes and Marketing to justify samples bigger than the itsy-bitsy packet. The class attendees are Forum users loyal to the brand who will sing a product's praises as long as they have enough to work their whole vehicle (after testing on a spot), so they can see how well it performs in full use. This is true even if they only mostly lurk on the forum like I have.

The accountants can nix the donuts or even reduce the amount of pizza (but don't completely stop the pizza if they can avoid it, please!) if they have to find money to pay for the samples. Even something 3/4 less than full size would give a better impression of the Meguiar's Brand than the itsy-bitsy packet. Save the itsy-bitsy packets for car shows.

Thanks again!

Comment

Mike, thank you for making the class so interesting and enjoyable. I can't imagine the time it would take me to sit down and read the wealth of information you fit into a one day class. I know there's more to learn, but at least I understand a lot more about what my boyfriend rambles on about!

BTW, not that I'm the first to make this observation but I got a kick out of the language that's used in talking about paint care and the products. The various imperfections, creams, abrassives, pads, deep shine, etc. are not so subtle metaphors for what women might hear while in a department store makeup department!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');