• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

91 not enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 not enough

i just purchased a bottle of #91 marine compound. i was told this was told this was a super fast/strong cut for gel coat. i used it with a rotary and wool pad. it did not work as i would have liked. it loaded up the bonnet.

i then picked up some medium cut. i like the way this worked out but i still need more cut. my gel is pretty fadded. this medium took 5 applications over the same 12" section to get back to the red color i am looking for.

is there a meguiars compound that cuts like 1000 grit but works out like the medium cut.

Re: 91 not enough

What are your working on?
    How old is it?
    What condition is it?
    What is your goal?

Can you post a few pictures?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: 91 not enough

Matt.. I just did the same thing and had similar results.. I wondered if it was the way I did it.. The gelCoat sucked up the 91 like nobodys business and dried in seconds.. I added more H2o and that helped but not much..
      I am workin on an 84 Formula with very heavy oxidation.. I let it out in the sun and hadn't cared for it for years.. Now, I need a miracle..

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');