• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meg's Hot Shine Tire Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meg's Hot Shine Tire Coating

First off, I must say it works fantastic...unless I drive anywhere. I've used it twice on my tires, the first time, I just sprayed it on, the second time I sprayed on, and wiped down. Both times, the next day I drove the truck, it sprays onto the rear quarter panel. Am I doing something wrong? I would assume that it has time to dry, being overnight, and between 95-100* outside during the day.
    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Re: Meg's Hot Shine Tire Coating

Reduce the amount you're applying and/or wipe off any excess with a clean towel.

Doesn't have to be a quality towel that you would use to work on paint, just a clean towel. In my garage I have nice towels I would use on paint and I have tatty towels that I save for this kind of work.

Product sling is caused by inertia when too much product is on the surface.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ok, ill give it a try next time, i think ill try applying it on the applicator, and then on the tire

Comment

I agree with Mike. You can also let the dressing sit on the tire overnight to let the rubber soak it in. Than in the morning you can just wipe off the excess dressing. I have microfiber towels that I bought from Target that I use fold twice and wipe tire. I like the matt look so this works for me.
        2008 Ford Expedition
        2008 Ford Expedition
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

After I apply the dressing I give it a wipe to rid the excess. Then the last thing I do after the detail is take a foam tire applicator and give the tire one more pass. This seems to eliminate any sling.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I usually apply the dressing, continue working on something else (remove wax, interior clean) and then when I'm going to move the car I usually remove the excess. It's a good product, I like it very much

Comment

Many tires have a ring of sipes around the sidewall. This area holds tire shine and most often will result in sling unless the excess is removed. I use old cotton terry toweling to wipe out any excess and I don't get any sling.

Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

Along with the ring around the outer edge of the tire. Any kind of raised lettering or raised/ribbed lettering will hold protectant that may sling even after a wipe down. I use an old paint brush to ensure these areas are puddle free.

Andy
                101impala
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

thanks for the tips guys, i've got both the raised letters and the ring of sipes, i'll try them out next time I detail my car, which wont be for a while, it's up to 100* outside pretty much all day everyday

Comment

While I noticed we all have different ways of removing excess product, no one in this thread really says how they apply the Hot Shine. I have used the gel and find that is is nice, if the tire surface lets it be. Meaning, depending on the grooves of the tire and such, it can work really well or be a struggle to apply.

While I have used the spray version, I find that I over apply and it is also a little harder to control the spray sometimes. I personally like the aerosol version as you have very good control and you can also control the amount of product you use very well. Plus, I usually have very little mess when using the aerosol as opposed to the spray or the gel.

At least we can all agree on one thing, that Hot Shine ______ (insert your favorite version) is a great product.
                    "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');