• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apollo Detailing: 2007 Porsche Cayman S (35+ Pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo Detailing: 2007 Porsche Cayman S (35+ Pictures)

Porsche

Porsche is arguably the finest motor vehicle manufacturer in the world. Its’ first prototype was designed by Ferdinand Porsche and constructed from aluminum in 1948. Since that time, Porsche has become the world’s largest producer of race vehicles and, with the release of the Porsche 911 in 1963, become one of the world’s most successful sports car firms. Each successive generation of the Porsche 911 has lead the former in technology and design.

The Porsche Cayman was first produced for the 2006 model year. According to rumour, the Porsche Cayman S outperforms the 911 Carrera in many aspects. One such rumour suggested that the Cayman will lap the North circuit of the Nurburgring, a famous testing and race track in Germany, faster than the 997 911 Carrera.

In any case, no one can deny it is one of the most beautiful machines produced with a Porsche badge.

[Edited as your post comes across as an ad which we consider as spam. ]
    We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Re: Apollo Detailing: 2007 Porsche Cayman S (35+ Pictures)

This particular example of the Cayman S was purchased last summer and has been serviced by Apollo Detailing since new. It was in excellent shape the last time I performed a complete detail, despite the new car swirls. This time, it had accumulated some light damage.

There were swirls over the entire vehicle, possibly as a result of dirt contamination in the wash media from the owner. The owner has since signed up on a maintenance plan for the summer to have it properly cared for.

As well, the interior took about 3-3.5 hours. Gum was embedded in the passenger seat, as well as normal dirt buildup in the carpets and seats. It took longer this time to remove the dirt and other grime from the leather seats, but nothing too unusual.

Exterior

Flex L 3403 VRG
    1Z High Gloss Polish
    Lake Country White CCS
    Klasse AIO
    Klasse SG
    Swissvax Saphir (by hand)
    Poorboy's Tire Gloss
    Metal Restorer
    Commercial Wash Shampoo Gel

Interior

Commercial Carpet Shampoo
    303 Aerospace Protectant
    Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
    Klasse AIO (door jambs)

I apologize in advance for the grainy pictures.

Before Pictures

Comment

Comment

A spot of a thunderstorm arrived and I was forced to move indoors for about an hour.

Single Step Correction & Concours Interior detail completed.

Comment

Comment

For the final finish.

I apologize for the grainy shots. All pictures were shot with 400 ISO.

Comment

Looks great. Good job. That shade of yellow always looks good to me.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice work, but bro... time to invest in a new camera. I'm sure those grainy pictures don't do the work justice.
                ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                  Looks great. Good job. That shade of yellow always looks good to me.
                  Thank you.

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                  Nice work, but bro... time to invest in a new camera. I'm sure those grainy pictures don't do the work justice.
                  I wish I could blame the camera. Unfortunately, the grain in the photographs is 100% my fault. I suppose the last person to use the camera (and it could be me) was shooting at night and the camera didn't resume the default settings. On a 2" LCD, it's impossible to see grain while shooting.

Nonetheless, I have been eyeing a Canon Digital Rebel XT/XTi to replace my point and shoot camera. I think it will add a little bit to the images and be able to better capture what you actually see with your own eyes. The point and shoot and the G5 struggle to capture depth or wetness. You can catch a bit of reflections with them but it's tough to get the real flowing like water texture to show in a photograph.

Comment

Nice work!

Just a friendly tip on sharing photos on discussion forums.

I have a 21" monitor with the resolution set to 1280 x 1024 and I find I'm having to horizontal scroll in order to see all of the shot in some of the pictures you've posted.

A good rule of thumb is to resize your photos to around 700 pixels wide, maybe 800 pixels wide if your really want to show a large photo. By doing this, the majority of the people in the world will be able to see the entire picture without having to horizontal scroll.

Anytime someone has to horizontal scroll to see an entire picture they can't really see the entire picture because as they scroll to one side on their monitor to see what's not on the screen, a portion of the picture on the opposite side of the screen is disappearing off the monitor. Therefor they can never really see the entire photo which kind of takes away from the value of the photo and usually the goal of the poster, (to show a photo, not a portion of a photo)

Just a friendly tip...

This is 700 pixels wide

This is 800 pixels wide

Both photos were resized from the original using a free software program called Easy Thumbnails which really works great to resize photos without distorting them.

Here's a short how-to article on how to use this software to insure great results starting the first time you use it.

How to resize your photos before uploading

This will help you on any forum you post to.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                      Nice work!

Just a friendly tip on sharing photos on discussion forums.

I have a 21" monitor with the resolution set to 1280 x 1024 and I find I'm having to horizontal scroll in order to see all of the shot in some of the pictures you've posted.
                      I'm on a laptop with a 17" screen and it looks fine with no horizontal scrolling. I don't know why it would be different for you. Perhaps the resolution, I've got 1440x900. Internet Explorer?

I will look into this software you suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
                        I'm on a laptop with a 17" screen and it looks fine with no horizontal scrolling. I don't know why it would be different for you. Perhaps the resolution, I've got 1440x900. Internet Explorer?

I will look into this software you suggested.
                        The point was that instead of creating pictures that look good to you, create pictures that look good to the greatest majority of your readers whether your inserting images here on MOL or any other discussion forum, it's not about you're monitor... it's about the monitor of "All" the people reading your thread.

Make sense?

That's why 600 to 700 pixels wide are a good range to target because in most cases most people can see the entire image, not just people with larger monitors or high resolution screens.

I have 2 computers on all the time, my work laptop hooked to a docking stating and feeding a VeiwSonic 21" monitor and a my personal laptop A Dell Inspiron 9300 with a 17" monitor and a resolution of 1440 x 900

Here's the point...

I don't resize my pictures for my monitors... I resize my pictures for the majority of people on the Internet and 600 to 800 pixels wide insures most people can see the entire picture.

Besides that, a picture that is 700 or even 800 pixels wide still tells your story and tells it very well.

This picture 700 pixels wide

The story it tells is, clean, shiny Batmobile. A larger picture wouldn't really tell the story any better, it would just be a larger photo with the same message.

Just a friendly tip for what it's worth from someone that posts a lot of pictures for a wide ranging audience around the world of which I will never know how big their monitor is nor their resolution, the goal is to make sure the majority of all these people can see the entire photo, get from it the story and do so without having to horizontal scroll.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great job on the Cayman S!

Comment

time for a new camera...or turn the ISO down....looks like your ISO is like 6400 or something

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');