• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning leatherette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleaning leatherette

I also have a question for Mike and whoever else wants to help on regular cleaning of the fake leather...

Does Meguiar's leather wipes and/or cleaner, could that hurt the fake leather?

I just tried some on a seat, and I'm not too sure I like it. However, it doesn't hurt anything, correct, or could this hurt the fake stuff (plastic).

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Cleaning leatherette

Originally posted by KARMAL View Post
      I have plastic (leatherette NOT LEATHER) seats in my leased 2007 BMW 328i. A mechanic (when getting my run flat fixed, not a BMW mechanic), or someone put some kind of grease substance on my seats and armrest. It only seems to show up under the sun. When the sun beats on it, it becomes all shiny and feels oily. Under the shadows you can barely see it, but it is there. I have tried many different cleaning solutions with no success. A friend suggested using a brush to really scrub the substance off. Can anyone help me? What can be used to get this grease like substance off the plastic (NOT leather) seats? I am at a loss. It is almost like this substance has changed the molecular composition of my seats. It has already destroyed a part of my drivers side seat (under the sun the grease made the plastic harden and eventually crack), I want to save the rest. PLEASE HELP!!
      1. Steam is the safest way. I used it on my 1992 M5 leather seats when I bought it used. 2. Mechanics use brake cleaner (harsh but strong) as their secret cleaner for any stains that they made in their customer's car. 3. Krudd Kutter is awesome. I've used it on the vinyl parts of my wife's Jetta. Make sure you condition it after because the krudd kutter removes the protective layer of the vinyl.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');