• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Kawasaki Versys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Kawasaki Versys

It's been a long time since I've posted at MOL, but here goes...

I recently purchased an 08 Kawi Versys, in Passion Red. I added the Givi V35 hard luggage and had the fill panels painted to match. Since it's a brand new machine, I wiped it down with the magic Honda spray cleaner (I have no idea what's in this stuff, but it's amazing) and topped it with Meg's yellow wax. Here are the results.

There are some tiny imperfections in the pieces I had painted. Is there any way to improve the finish?

Re: 2008 Kawasaki Versys

Looks great!
    Nothing like having something brand new and maintaining it from the beginning.

Comment

I see this is your first post so...

Originally posted by OnlyVees View Post
      There are some tiny imperfections in the pieces I had painted. Is there any way to improve the finish?
      Achieving an over all nice finish can be done using this thread as a guide.

As this is new paint in the area you are looking to improve, it is recommended not to wax for about two months or so to allow for the solvents in the paint to completely gas off (best to talk to the individual who painted the parts for their recommended time frame). You can, although, clean and plolish these areas.

Browse through the Detailing 101 and Hot Topics area of this forum as there is a wealth of information there and through out the rest of the forum.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Cool looking bike looks great

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');