• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deep crystal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep crystal

I purchased some Deep Crystal steps 1 & 2 and some
    NXT from Meguiars. Can the Deep Crystal steps 1 & 2 be
    applied with a buffer? I have a Porter Cable dual action
    buffer. What pads would I need to use? It is for a black car
    if that makes any difference.

thanks
    Frank

Old post, I know, but I thought it's better late than never to get an answer.
    I've used DC1 with a PC. I use a polishing pad for the DC1. I don't "crank it up", though. I generally stayed around 3-4. As DC1 isn't generally considered an abrasive polish/cleaner, there is nothing to "break down," so there isn't really a need to go fast. I use the PC to ensure even coverage and to work the cleaner in well. Also, with DC2 I've found that applying it by hand is pretty quick, and you can get around the handles etc. at the same time as you do the rest of the panel, vs. having to put the PC down and apply around handles by hand anyway. As you don't need to work DC2 in, there isn't really any benefit that I've seen to using the PC with it. Once you get used to how much to apply in order to spread it thinly, yet cover evenly, you'll probably choose to apply DC2 by hand too.
    Hope this helps someone!
    The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

I use a polishing pad for DC1, and a wax pad for DC2. Note that DC1 does have some very light diminishing abrasives in it . . . .

Comment

I have also used DC1 by PC (W8006 pad, or LC White) and find it works the product better than by hand, perfectly safe for use by PC/G100. Most products are I find, as the G100 essentially mimicks hand polishing action, just a lot faster!

DC2 I apply by PC all the time (along with #7, and any other glaze for that matter) using a finishing pad (W9006, LC black, SFX-3) as I find the PC worls the oils of the glaze into the paint more effectivley for wetter results in the end.
        "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');