• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTIONs ABOUT ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER SPRAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTIONs ABOUT ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER SPRAY

is this product better then spray wax? and will it conceal scratches? will it remove dust without scratching the paint? can u use this product on windows,mirrors,and wheels that are just stock and not chrome or polished? i really love how this stuff just makes the water slide right off and keeps my paint vibrant so i was thinkin to use it on my windows and wheels like some sprays say u can...let me know what u think thanks...

Re: QUESTIONs ABOUT ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER SPRAY

I'm sure it would be fine, just be sure you do not use it on a dirty car. A dirty car will still scratch itself, but not as much as if you used pure water or something silly like that. The only "cleaning" use is to take a "light layer of dust" off. IMO I wouldn't use it in this manner to often for fear of swirls. In general... if your car is barely dirty it is ok to just use UQD. That being said, don't just UQD every morning instead of washing.

UQD is not a wax, but makes a great topper! I doubt it conceals, but I know NXT wax does, and if you love UQD you'll love it even more with NXT under it!

Comment

UQD is used between washing and waxing for light dust will not scratch. Using it on windows ive used it but no sub for a good glass cleaner. As for wheels i wouldnt do it mequiars makes a quik wheel detailer that works well you can ckeck a big lots they have it on discount some times

Comment

I've used UQD spray on glass with decent results when I'm in a hurry to clean the car but like Rando Commando mentioned it's no sub for glass cleaner. I have stock painted wheels in which I always use UQD with great results as well. The UQD will be a wax booster as well and will keep your wax looking great for a longer time. You should be fine using UQD often between washes. Just use a clean Microfiber and make sure the car is not too dirty.
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by sidekicklxondeck View Post

i really love how this stuff just makes the water slide right off and keeps my paint vibrant so i was thinkin to use it on my windows and wheels like some sprays say u can...

This is what's very important, that is you like it for what you're already using it for.

1. is this product better then spray wax?
          It's a different type of product, you're comparing apples to oranges, is an apple better than an orange?

It's a lot easier to use and gives you most of the same results.

2. will it conceal scratches?
          It's not formulated to do this and doesn't really do it to any extent that anyone would ever state that is a feature of the product. Our spray-on waxes will do this to some degree, see answer to question #1

3. will it remove dust without scratching the paint?
          This is a common question about ALL quick detailers or "Mist & Wipe" type products. The answer is this,

Mist & Wipe products are for,

Removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges

They are not for wiping off caked on bud our a film of dirt, there is a huge difference between a film of dirt and "Light Dust".

Your other option is to wash the car, so if you have any concerns about the amount of dirt on your car or your skill, that is your ability to mist a product on and wipe it off without scratching the paint you can always wash the car.

4. can u use this product on windows, mirrors, and wheels that are just stock and not chrome or polished?
          The product is formulated to be used on automotive paints, a lot of people do use it on other types of surfaces with great results but we make no claims for this practice. Test for yourself in an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface of the component you're working on and check to see if you're happy with the results.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');