• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non-meguiars product that you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-meguiars product that you use

I hope this is ok. I saw a recent poll here and most members use different products in their car care.

Could you post your non meguiars product that you use?

I am using Rain-x for my windshield and Armor-all(reformulated) for my dASH. Cali blades and Microtex Elite for drying. Auto guard for my "tire black". WD40 for metal polishing and lubrication.

Re: non-meguiars product that you use

AA tire dressing on weather striping, and some engine parts, aa on other engine parts, AA wheel cleaner, westleys bleche white on the tires, stoners glass cleaner
    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Microfiber towel from Monster Fluffy. Very very fluffy and soft.
      Sheepskin wash mit from Australia company. They are gental but last me only 3 month.

Comment

I DIDNT THINK THERE WAS ANYBODY ELSE!!!!!!
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I use the Whesley's Tire Cleaner (diluted a little) for the tires and Simple Green (also diluted) for the wheelwells. I also use IG for all of my glass and probably will continue to do so as I cannot find the NXT Glass cleaner anywhere.

I also use the cheap MFs from Sam's Club to dry my car, but I do use SS MFs for removing wax and such. Otherwise, everything else is Meguiar's.
          "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I use an old tube of Blue Corral Gel Bug and Tar Remover... good stuff. I will have to try the RainX Gel when my tube is gone, I like how the Gel sticks right where I want it.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use a number of Chemical Guys products for my white car which delivers just the look I like, especially an almost glowing gloss under street lights. I also use Armor All Car Wash Gel and Car Wax Gel (both discontinued products) on that car for when I need to get a quick wash and wax down - those together deliver almost the same effect as I get with the Chemical Guys products, but a lot quicker and lot cheaper. The CG products I use are their Citrus Wash & Gloss shampoo, EZ Creme Glaze and Jetseal 109. I'm getting some Blitz and some Synthetic QD next. I also have a special product put togther for Detailing World forum members - Wet Wet Wet wax ... and it is!!!

For winter prep, I use Car-Lack68 Nano Systematic Care and Long Life Sealant with Collinite 476S paste wax on both cars - this sets them up for the very dirty, grimy months of October and November through to a nice mid-Winter detail on a crisp clear day when I apply the process again to get my cars through to spring when I break out the nice products for spring and summer.

Our black car gets #83/#80 when needed, #7 and #26 liquid and then #16 (because I like beading) or just #7 and some other wax, say Pinnacle Souveran or whatever gets lent to me by friends. I also use Einzsett Waxpolish soft sometimes - it depends just what kind of polish I want to give the car before putting the wax on.

For towels, I use Eurow shag pile microfibre for wax and QD and a microfibre mitten followed by a Eurow towel for removing and buffing polishes. Applicators, I use Sonus SFX Pro for polishes, Sonus Der Wunder or Blue Pearl Microfibre pads for glazes and liquid waxes, and unbranded yellow foam pads for paste wax and ScratchX. I keep meaning to pick up some Meg's white pads - the Even Coat applicators, but I have a couple of unbranded ones that I could break out if needs be.

Really, it boils down to a couple of things - for my white car, I was a real glossy dripping finish and I've found the products I like to use and achieve that look. The car is an '80s icon (a SAAB 900) and looks best like that IMO, what with the rear window louvre and big bodykit. Our black car (another SAAB 900, but convertible from 1992) looks best with a real oil black deep pool ... and Meg's Mirror Glaze range gives me exactly what I want there. I cannot speak highly enough about #7 and #26. I love 'em

Comment

Only thing I use is a blue clay magic clay bar.
                ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Due to our water restrictions I use ONR & DP 4 n 1 quite often. Other than that Meguiars it is.
                  The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                  Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

2 products as I can't find NXT window wash, use Eagle One, and Eagle One all tire/wheel cleaner ONLY to clean the tires, then lovingly use HRAWC for the wheels. Oh....use Costco MF/Terry cloths for misc and use Meguiars MF for paint. Other than that, all Meguiars products. My next order is to try some window cleaner from the detailer line as well as APC+.

Aaron
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

- Poorboys
                      - Fourstar
                      - Klasse
                      - Pinnacle
                      - S100

Comment

Just a few. Some walmart micros.
                        Some ads glass micros
                        ads foam tire applicators.
                        Wal-mart terry towels
                        thats it.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use Sam's club Microfiber towels, Optimum Poyseal as a final polish, and a variety of pads, including Lake County pads.

Comment

I use 303 Aerospace protectant for the interior non-leather and the wheelwells. Also, 303 Fabric cleaner and Fabric protectant for convertables. The leather gets Lexol. The windows get Stoners and Rain-X. Everything else gets Meguiars.

Comment

Glass cleaner (Eagle One)
                              Tire cleaner (Simoniz)
                              Carpet & upholstery (Turtle Wax)
                              Trim (still trying to find THE one)

I use another product because either
                              - I don't have access to an equivalent Meg's product (I use mainly OTC)
                              - I have access to an equivalent Meg's product, but it's more expensive for the same result.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');