• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying wax techniques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying wax techniques?

Hi all,

Now ive heard before that it is better to apply wax using the side-to-side and up and down method, rather than applying wax in a circular motion. People say that the circular method generates swirl marks.

Now I don't know if this is true or not but someone enlighten me. Is this true? I don't know if the person knew what he was talking about and that's why I came here and ask. Thanks for all of the inputs.

Precision

Re: Applying wax techniques?

Nope, it's not at all true!
    Scott

Comment

If your getting swirl marks / scratches when you apply wax, your applicator isn't clean.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

You can use just about any method to apply. If everything is clean you should not get any swirls from applying wax.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

That kind of idea comes from people/companies whose products leave swirls in the paint. If your product or applicator leaves swirls, then I guess it looks best to have them all in a nice line in one direction.

The better solution would be to use good quality applicators and products that dont leave swirls behind when using them.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

When applying wax it really doesn't matter the direction, if you are scratching the paint because of this just stop using the product.

With a clean surface/pad you won't get scratches no matter the direction

Comment

Check this out, it's an article in "Hot Topics"

Circles or Straight Lines?

You can always get to the "Hot Topic" forum as we keep a link to it on the homepage because I need to click to it every day about a hundred times!

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
              So much good, practical and helpful information in these two forums
              Hot Topics
              How To Articles

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree with AeroCleanse and yalerd your pad and the paint are not clean

Moises

Comment

Also actually they are not swirls but random scratches that shows as swirls because of the way that the light 'hit' the surface....So if you are scratching your paint straight or circle you will got swirls...Just change your applicator with a clean one...
                  I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');