• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use the Foamaster II and Meguiar's Deep Crystal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the Foamaster II and Meguiar's Deep Crystal?

What setting are you using for more foam? I've never tried DC but couldn't pass up the $2.99 for a 64oz bottle.

In general, which steps do you take when using a foam gun?
    1) Spray car w/ water first, foam, let sit, then 2 bucket wash?
    2) Foam first, let sit, then 2 bucket wash?
    3) Foam first, let sit, rinse w/ water, proceed w/ 2 bucket wash?
    4) Other?
    Should I buy the rest of the DC at $2.99 a pop?

I've asked at my other car detailing forum but got no response. They don't support Meguiar's over there.

Re: Anyone use the Foamaster II and Meguiar's Deep Crystal?

I bought a foam gun over winter but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Where did you get the DC at?
    Scott

Comment

It should work fine with the DC wash, though I havent tried that one.

I tend to put about or 6 ounces into the container, fill with water, and use on the high setting.

I tend not to pre-soak, unless it is really grimy in winter. I just treat it like a regular car wash process, just no soap bucket to dip in. I go panel by panel, spray the panel, spray the sponge, wash, and move on. Flip sponge, do next panel, rinse... repeat.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        I bought a foam gun over winter but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Where did you get the DC at?
        www.kragen.com
        select closeouts, enter zip code, search for meguiar's, $2.99 for a 64oz bottle of Deep Crystal. they had about 12 bottle's when I bought some last weekend. i'm thinking about buying the rest. hmmm, maybe i will after i get out of work.

btw, thanks for the responses, made me decide to stock up on the other bottles (even though all the polls say to get Gold Class.)

Comment

Thanks! I went online and checked my store. They have it for $2.99. I probably pick up a few bottles. From what I have read you will go through a lot of soap with a foam gun. Based on what Murr1525 said at 6 oz. per wash, that's about 11 washes per bottle or about $0.27 per wash.
          Scott

Comment

Well, maybe 1-2 extra ounces per wash doing it my way, as opposed to a pure 2-bucket method with 5 gallon buckets.

If you get into pre-soaking, it would use a bit more I would imagine, but for just a wash I don't really find it necessary.

Comment

mr. haributo,

never used a foam gun before but, tell me if i am wrong, shouldn't you be using Meguiar's Hyper-Wash its made for a foam gun

Comment

mr. haributo,

the first step you suggested would be better that way you are cooling the car

Moises

Comment

I'm trying some other shampoos right now, but with Deep Crystal and the Foamaster the process is about the same.

I wet the car and make sure the paint is cool to the touch, then foam one section at a time, wash and rinse.

To make diluting the soap easier, I poured measured amounts of water into the reservoir and marked the side in 2oz intervals.

I add 2oz of soap and 2oz of water to the reservoir and spray at the 64:1 setting to get the 1oz/gallon dilution. It's enough to wash a full size truck.

Any 50/50 mix of water and soap will give you the 1oz/gallon ratio on the 64:1 setting. Use less or more depending on the size of the vehicle.

If you want a foam snow storm use the 50/50 dilution and the 32:1 ration, the soap goes fast, but it sure looks cool.

HTH,

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
                    If you want a foam snow storm use the 50/50 dilution and the 32:1 ration, the soap goes fast, but it sure looks cool.

That's what I want!
                    Scott

Comment

Hyper-Wash has a 400:1 dilution, while the others are all 128:1.

As long as the soaps are being diluted properly, they can be used however you would want; buckets, foamgun, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');