• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House being tented for termites, damage caused by gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House being tented for termites, damage caused by gas?

Hey guys...

So we have to have our house tented for termites...our neighbors just did theirs. Were spending the 5 days in Arizona with my grandparents. The Terminix guy said that people have had discoloration to their paint and plastic if they leave them in the garage but he said its doesn't happen to everybody. So obviously were not going to leave them in the garage but we also don't want to leave them outside for 5 days with a tent over our house. The tent over our house will be a huge sign that nobody is home and a free for all to do damage to the cars. We have had vandalism done to our cars before and we don't want to risk it again. Were trying to find people with extra garage space to leave our cars in for the weekend but if worse comes to worse we'll take them all with us to Arizona, but at $4.60 a gallon that is our last resort.

Well that was kind of a rant but also a question. Has anybody tented there house and had good/bad experiences with leaving hte cars in the garage?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Re: House being tented for termites, damage caused by gas?

We had our house tented about two years ago, and though we didn't leave our car in the garage (since we only have one car) there was no damage of any kind to anything in the house or garage. No discoloration, haze or anything like that to artwork or any painted surface. None of the home theater equipment (which is a lot of plastic) showed any signs of anything foreign even being present. The bug guys wanted us to bag all food items but we ended up eating stuff to the bare bones and gave everything else to the local pantry. They said you could eat off the dishes afterwards but it was a good excuse to just detail the kitchen and wash/clean everything....just because. The only painted/plastic surfaced itme that was left in the garage was my lawnmower. Kind of wish it had been damaged since I hate mowing the lawn, but no adverse effects mechanically or cosmetically ther either. I don't think I'd hesitate to leave a car in the garage and anyone that broke in trying to steal it or vandalize it would be a prime candidate for a Darwin Award.

Mort

Comment

Re: House being tented for termites, damage caused by gas?

On two separate occasions I have left cars in the garage when the house was being tented for termites and suffered no damage. On the first occasion the cars were locked with the windows closed. On the second, the pest control company wanted the cars left with the windows open.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');