• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC+ Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC+ Alternative

I bought my APC+ because ADS suggested that it would clean everything from interior to tires, wheels, etc. Yes it works but I don't like using it when I clean my tires and wheels. It just doesn't foam up at all. What are the other alternatives in the detailer line that's best to use for wheels and tires (that foam up)

Thanks.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Re: APC+ Alternative

APC+ is made not to foam. Regular APC will foam. I have that and the high output foaming sprayers. I also have Simple Green and 2 of their spray bottles which have a foaming setting.

Comment

Use wheel brightener 4:1 or 6:1 (I have both) on painted wheels... DO NOT use on polished, chrome, etc.
      Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
      Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Originally posted by lecchilo View Post
        Use wheel brightener 4:1 or 6:1 (I have both) on painted wheels... DO NOT use on polished, chrome, etc.

Just to chime in...a quick correction

Meguiar's D140 Wheel Brightener is safe on: clear coated, factory painted and chrome wheels.

It is not safe for: anodized, magnesium, or polished aluminum wheels.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
          I bought my APC+ because ADS suggested that it would clean everything from interior to tires, wheels, etc. Yes it works but I don't like using it when I clean my tires and wheels. It just doesn't foam up at all. What are the other alternatives in the detailer line that's best to use for wheels and tires (that foam up)

Thanks.
          Hey,

Meguiar's APC+ is an awesome cleaner and one that I use regularly on tires etc for deep cleaning. It is has a low foam ratio so it can also be used in extractors. However, if you want foaming for a more visual cue, then use the regular APC with a foam head sprayer as Roushstage2 said above.

Tim

Comment

Thanks.
            APC or Super Degreaser
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
              APC or Super Degreaser
              Just to chime in...

Be careful with using the Super Degreaser around paint. The paint around the area should be sprayed with water before spraying the Super Degreaser onto the tires/wheels. If the Super Degreaser gets accidentally sprayed and dries on the paint or the paint is hot/very warm and the Super Degreaser evaporates to a stronger concentration, paint staining can occur.

Tim

Comment

Why was APC+ formulated not to foam? It seems that it doesn't help clean dirty wheels. You need to drench the object you're cleaning in order to do a good job.

Comment

Why was APC+ formulated not to foam? It seems that it doesn't help clean dirty wheels. You need to drench the object you're cleaning in order to do a good job.
                  It was formulated not to foam so it could be used in carpet extractors. I know when I use APC in my little green machine the dirty tank fills up fast with foam, but when using APC+ it doesn't. If you want foaming go with APC and a foaming sprayer.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                    It was formulated not to foam so it could be used in carpet extractors. I know when I use APC in my little green machine the dirty tank fills up fast with foam, but when using APC+ it doesn't. If you want foaming go with APC and a foaming sprayer.
                    Interesting....How does the APC+ compare to the Bissle stuff you get at Target for carpet cleaning? I have never even though of using it in my Little Green. Do you use the same amount too (up to that little line)?

Thanks,
                    Rasky

Sorry for the off topic post Marc
                    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I've only used the sample bottle of Bissell so I don't have much experience with that. I don't put the APC+ in the LGM but have it in separate spray bottles. 10:1, 4:1 and I think the other one is 32:1. I'll probably give it a try in the LGM this year. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                        Interesting....How does the APC+ compare to the Bissle stuff you get at Target for carpet cleaning? I have never even though of using it in my Little Green. Do you use the same amount too (up to that little line)?

Thanks,
                        Rasky

Sorry for the off topic post Marc
                        hahaha! no worries man!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                          I've only used the sample bottle of Bissell so I don't have much experience with that. I don't put the APC+ in the LGM but have it in separate spray bottles. 10:1, 4:1 and I think the other one is 32:1. I'll probably give it a try in the LGM this year. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
                          Right on. yeah I use a pretreater too. What are you using for an extractor cleaner then in the tank?
                          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                            Right on. yeah I use a pretreater too. What are you using for an extractor cleaner then in the tank?
                            Plain water. Do you use the Bissell chemical and a pretreater too?
                            Scott

Comment

Now that I think about it I guess I do it the hard way. I'll spray the entire floor down with 32:1 then the spots with 10:1 or 4:1 depending how they look. Work the entire floor with a stiff brush and let it sit a bit. Then spray hot water from the LGM on and work with a brush again. Then extract, then hot water and extract again.

I don't do many interiors but I guess it would be easier to put the solution in the tank. Then dump out the extra and fill with plain water for the rinse. Maybe?!?!
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');