• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC+ Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: APC+ Alternative

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
    Just to chime in...a quick correction

Meguiar's D140 Wheel Brightener is safe on: clear coated, factory painted and chrome wheels.

It is not safe for: anodized, magnesium, or polished aluminum wheels.

Tim
    Thanks for correcting me... I'm not sure why I typed chrome in last night... since it's so strong, I think I simply assumed just to stay away from anything but painted wheels
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

You can always add a defoamer to the recovery tank on an extractor.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        Plain water. Do you use the Bissell chemical and a pretreater too?
        Yeah, I have been using both. I only pretreat the stains though.

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        Now that I think about it I guess I do it the hard way. I'll spray the entire floor down with 32:1 then the spots with 10:1 or 4:1 depending how they look. Work the entire floor with a stiff brush and let it sit a bit. Then spray hot water from the LGM on and work with a brush again. Then extract, then hot water and extract again.

I don't do many interiors but I guess it would be easier to put the solution in the tank. Then dump out the extra and fill with plain water for the rinse. Maybe?!?!

I actually rarely use the LGM. I only use it on interiors that are on the clean side. For dirty interiors I will spray everything down with 10:1 but focus on the stains. Then I scrub with a sponge dampened with a carpet shampoo mixed in a bucket with warm water. I then follow with the stuff brush. Finally I will quickly vacuum with a powerful wet-vac. I actually find this process to be much fater and yield great results. Down side is that it can leave the carpets damper than if you used a good extractor.

I always place 2 whistle style fans inside the car over night to allow adiquate drying though.
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');