• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about ultimate quik detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about ultimate quik detailer

i used it after i washed and dried my car then the next day it rained and yes it did repel it but there was water spots once the rain stopped? just wanted to know why does it leave water spots when it rains on your car? and is there something that can stop water spots?

Re: question about ultimate quik detailer

Originally posted by sidekicklxondeck

i used it after i washed and dried my car then the next day it rained and yes it did repel it but there was water spots once the rain stopped?

just wanted to know why does it leave water spots when it rains on your car?

Because it is designed to repel water, this shows up as the water piling up trying to get away from the paint which can show up as water beads. If you let these water beads dry on the paint then the chemicals in the water can leave a water spot which can either be a mineral deposit form the minerals in the water or an etching, where whatever the chemicals in the water where you live actually eat into the paint and leave a etching or hole in the clear layer.

Originally posted by sidekicklxondeck

and is there something that can stop water spots?
    If you can stop water... you can stop water spots, this could be parking in a garage or some kind of covered parking.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');