• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi and a few pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi and a few pics

Wow you did a excellent job on that resto. It is gorgeous. In the pics with no paint the car looks very straight. Great resto car. I got my 62 T-Bird it was an out of state car I think. It has some rust issues but POR15 took care of it hopefully. That car is a keeper hang onto it.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Originally posted by stang97 View Post
      Wow you did a excellent job on that resto. It is gorgeous. In the pics with no paint the car looks very straight. Great resto car. I got my 62 T-Bird it was an out of state car I think. It has some rust issues but POR15 took care of it hopefully. That car is a keeper hang onto it.
      Thanks alot. Shes my pride and Joy. My dad and I spent untold hrs on the body getting it straight. Dont worry shes not going anywhere.

Ive always liked the old T-birds. From your avatar it looks youve got a nice one. Hopefully youll be around long enough to show us what it looks like when your done.
      00 Ford F150
      4.2 auto single cab, red and black theme
      68 Camaro convertible
      fully restored 350 350
      red with white top and racing stripes

Comment

I am far from done. My car is a little harder to restore because the parts are so expensive. I have to admit my car leaks any fluid you can think of that a car has. I paid a 1000 dollars for the Bird, in almost driving condition. The hardest part to restore this car is the body. One of the fins is bent so I have to shape it back. But anyways I should have the car painted soon (Corinthean White) hopefully. You are lucky that your dad helped you out so much, I am on my own. My dad said if I want to keep this car I have to move out because he does not want it to sit at his house even when it is all fixed up.
        Alex
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Originally posted by stang97 View Post
          I am far from done. My car is a little harder to restore because the parts are so expensive. I have to admit my car leaks any fluid you can think of that a car has. I paid a 1000 dollars for the Bird, in almost driving condition. The hardest part to restore this car is the body. One of the fins is bent so I have to shape it back. But anyways I should have the car painted soon (Corinthean White) hopefully. You are lucky that your dad helped you out so much, I am on my own. My dad said if I want to keep this car I have to move out because he does not want it to sit at his house even when it is all fixed up.
          yeah things are probably cheaper for the camaro. not cheap but cheaper. sry your dad doesnt appreciate old cars.haha. as you can tell from my pics my family loves old cars. we have 8 right now with another one possibly coming soon (dads looking for a Cougar)
          00 Ford F150
          68 Camaro convertible
          fully restored 350 350

Comment

Wow eight older cars. He appreciates them but hates to own them.This is the first old car that we have owned since my dads 66stingray corvette. He bought at an auction and it was in driver shape and it had issues (overheated a lot) and sold and never had a old car since. It ***** on how one old car ruins the experiece of owning one. Cougars are one of my favorites besides my all time favorite the classic 68 Mustang Fast Back. Cougars are great. Plus fairly easy to restore because I heard just about every other mecahnicle part is interchangeable with a mustang from that era. I do have a ques for you. Where did get it painted? Does the Camaro have single stage paint?
            Alex
            1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

I got it painted by a shop called Kens Auto Body in San Luis Obispo, CA.
              If my memory serves me right single stage just means theres no clear coat so in that case yes theres no clear coat. it stays under a cover unless its driving which is about once a month now that its at home and im at college.
              00 Ford F150
              68 Camaro convertible
              fully restored 350 350

Comment

By the looks of the pics it looks awesome. That ***** that you can only drive it once a month. I was driving my Bird in the condition it is in at least once a week. until gas prices went to the cieling.
                So I got to sign off my parents are telling me to do so. I will talk to ya later. I have pics of my bird that I can show you tommarow once I post them in gallery.
                Alexander
                Alex
                1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Nice pictures, you 68' Camaro looks sharp, and it sounds like you did it right. I've been using #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax on my 67' Camaro forever. It's a great wax. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
                  Rick McDonough
                  Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
                  Meguiar's Inc.
                  1.800.854.8073 * 3853
                  rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

Seeing your pics makes me really want to do another car now!

I built up a car with my father when I was 18....never should have sold it.
                    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');