• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifespan of NXT Tech Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lifespan of NXT Wax

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'm lucky in that my daily driver has ZERO trim to avoid and ail the panels are for the most part flat and rectangular in shape and this makes it very, very easy and fast to run a G100 over it with a polishing pad and some NXT.
    This jumped out at me. Are there times, Mike, when using a polishing pad rather than a finishing pad is preferred when applying the LSP? Does this only apply to NXT? TIA.

Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Sure.

If you want more cleaning power then you can alter,
      • Product
      • Process - Hand or Machine and type of Machine
      • Application Material - What the thing that's touching the paint is made out of

The Jimmy isn't a show truck, it's a work truck and my 9-year old boy and all his little buddies play in it all the time and they don't use the door to get into the truck, the climb up the tires and grab the roll bar and swing in like they're playing on a jungle gym. The sides of the truck get a lot of abuse from this kind of playing. Also the truck sits outside 24x7 in desert conditions, so yeah... I use a polishing pad instead of a finishing pad for just a little extra cleaning action. The hood gets clayed about once a month as dust is always settling on it and then mixing with dew overnight to form a dust paste.

It has a $2000.00 paint job with orange peel throughout, but by waxing it often the paint always looks clear and glossy and pretty good from about 15 feet away. Perfectly acceptable for a 33 year old former Orange Orchard Farm Truck.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Perfectly acceptable for a 33 year old former Orange Orchard Farm Truck.

Egads! This truck is 33 years old?

If 7 dog years equal 1 human year, I wonder how that works out in terms of truck years.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

I currently have NXT Tech Wax (first version) on my car, and I have a garage. After a month, the wax was still intact (Final Inspection still beads, and easy to wipe). I would except another month of protection from the Tech Wax.

Comment

I would like to approach the question of wax longevity from a different angle.
            My daily driver just got kicked out of the garage by my wife's new car. Now in a perfect world, I would have plenty of time to wax more often. Wrong!!!
            So my question is. All things being equal, is it possible to say which wax/sealant products I can expect to get the most life out of?
            I live close to an auto parts store that has a wide selection of Mirror Glaze products. So they can be thrown into the mix also, though I will be hand applying whatever I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
              I would like to approach the question of wax longevity from a different angle.
              My daily driver just got kicked out of the garage by my wife's new car. Now in a perfect world, I would have plenty of time to wax more often. Wrong!!!
              So my question is. All things being equal, is it possible to say which wax/sealant products I can expect to get the most life out of?
              I live close to an auto parts store that has a wide selection of Mirror Glaze products. So they can be thrown into the mix also, though I will be hand applying whatever I use.
              From all I have read, both here and on other forums, NXT paste and #21 enjoy the reputation of being the most durable of the Meguiar's sealants.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                From all I have read, both here and on other forums, NXT paste and #21 enjoy the reputation of being the most durable of the Meguiar's sealants.
                I think you will get longer water beading with #16, but as has been mentioned, there is no real way to tell when the product is done for. If you want the longest lasting product, IMO, look elsewhere, Meguiars seems to compromise durability for looks and most importantly protection, which I am more than ok with, but if you want ultimate durability there are other choices.

Comment

When your quick detailer becomes slow to wipe off.
                  Can you explain that a little more. I wiped my car off last night and was kinda looking at how I could tell. I tried it on my car that was freshly waxed, then I tried it on a buddies car that never gets waxed.. I couldent tell a difference

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
                  My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');