• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf life of pre-diluted car wash detergent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf life of pre-diluted car wash detergent?

Just wondering whether pre-dilution of a car wash detergent would reduce the shelf life of the detergent. I.e, if I pre-dilute and store it, will the detergent have the same potency after months or years, or does the fact that it's mixed with water cause it to diminish at a much faster rate, for whatever reason? (I'm guessing probably not)

The reason I am interested in diluting it is for a foam-gun solution.

Regards,
    Greg.

Re: Shelf life of pre-diluted car wash detergent?

There shouldn't be any fall-off in performance of the normal amount of time you would go in-between using the foam gun again to wash your car.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Good heavens - thanks Mike, but I hope you haven't been researching this for FOUR MONTHS! Btw, looks like forum notifications are working - I received an email

Note that the reason I asked the question is that I may actually not use it for a relatively long time - many many months perhaps. I know it's no big deal - I could just mix it up when required, but I was just curious about it.

Cheers,
      Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by V8Caprice View Post
        Good heavens - thanks Mike, but I hope you haven't been researching this for FOUR MONTHS! Btw, looks like forum notifications are working - I received an email
        Found your unanswered post doing some forum maintenance... sorry for the delay...

Originally posted by V8Caprice View Post
        Note that the reason I asked the question is that I may actually not use it for a relatively long time - many many months perhaps. I know it's no big deal - I could just mix it up when required, but I was just curious about it.

Cheers,
        Greg.
        I still don't think you would see enough of a fall-off in performance to notice, and likely none at all.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');