• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matte Finish Stripe Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matte Finish Stripe Care

I'm going to add black matte finish vinyl stripes to my black mustang this week. I currently use gold class car wash, NXT 2.0 wax, and Ultimate Quik Detailer, but have been told that wax will leave white markings in this finish. I am curious about how to keep the stripes both protected and looking their best and what products are safe to apply (i.e. Quik Detailer Spray). Thanks for any help!

Re: Matte Finish Stripe Care

I have an 03 Mach 1 with the factory stripes, and I use NXT wax as well as NXT Detailer on them and the paint. No problems at all. About the only thing you'll want to watch is that you don't get a buildup of wax on the edges of the stripes. Just wax up close to them and not right into the stripe, and you should be fine.
    1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
    1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

Re: Matte Finish Stripe Care

I'm not sure about the vinyl stripes on cars but I do have experience with vinyl stripes on RVs so may be of some value? Most vinyl stripe mfgrs say NOT to wax the vinyl. It causes them to dry out and eventually cack. There are a few that OK waxing vinyl but should check with your manufacturer. A protectant WITHOUT petroleum distillates is what I usually see recommended. 303 is one product that comes to mind. Meguiar's may have something similar but I'm a newby and not yet familiar with all the products.
      Barry

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');