• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloth Seats in my 05 Scion TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Seats in my 05 Scion TC

My car is in the sun most of the time depending on the weather and I have tinted windows but my seat material is starting to look slightly faded. Most people don't notice but seeing as I have the sickness I see everything that changes on my car . So anyway, I was looking for the best product to clean the seats. I use MG carpet cleaner on customer cars but that's because they either have a spill or WW3 happend in their car but they forgot to mention that part to me. Anyway, I have heard of Oxy if that's how you spell it being a good product but I wanted some feed back. Oh and if you saw my seats you would probably laugh and call the shrink to pick me up. Oh and what's the attachment people get with the g110 for doing carpets? Can this be used on seats as well?

Re: Cloth Seats in my 05 Scion TC

Originally posted by jmitch8011 View Post
    I have heard of Oxy if that's how you spell it being a good product but I wanted some feed back.
    Have never used the Oxy Clean sold at stores for interior work, if you do please share your experience with the forum.

Originally posted by jmitch8011 View Post
    Oh and what's the attachment people get with the G110 for doing carpets? Can this be used on seats as well?
    Not sure what the part number would be but some of the other detailing forums sell these attachments, CMA and AG come to mind.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would be careful with Oxy Clean. I have a friend that is a professional carpet cleaner and he was explaining how it can possibly bleach things, and it will also leave residue that will ATTRACT dirt.

I would grab a bottle of Meg's Quik Out Carpet and Upholstery cleaner and give that a shot. Go to www.AutoDetailingSolutions.com and they have GREAT prices, low fixed shipping, and they also carry that attachment you were talking about. They have a long and short bristle version...for seats I would start with the LONG version and take it easy.

Comment

If you buy the short nap brush from ADS. This will work well on the interior. Use a low speed. Very good brush attachment in my opinion. It works well on carpet also. I use mine a lot.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Another option woujld be seat covers

This will protect them from spill, fading and wear and tear.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You know Mike, that's what I had in all my cars except this one. Thanks for turning the light back on. Thanks J A Michaels and Lumadar for that information. I might end up ordering my g110 from there also. I probably will not try it anyway. If it's a chance the product will cause damage then I leave it alone.

Comment

I tried Stoner Carpet/Fabric cleaner, i think is good enough to remove spill mark and buy scotch guard fabric for water repellent.

Comment

When I had my TransAm, my wife picked out a nice set of solid color towels that contrasted well (black interior, cardinal red towels) and we just put down on the seats. Those would keep the seat bottoms from excessive sun fading, and kept dirt and stains to a minimum.
                Eddie
                1995 Plymouth Neon Sport Coupe - Nitro Yellowgreen
                1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan - Bright Platinum
                2006 Ford Fusion SE V6 - Silver Frost
                Red Bull and vodka tastes worse than gasoline.

Comment

hey thanks for the advice.

Comment

IMO, some of the fabrics used on a lot of the newer cars has come down in quality and durability. I know the issue you are having is a common complaint on the Honda forum too.
                    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I didn't know that. I have tinted windows and I use a window shade to cut down on direct sunlight. On a side note, I was very impressed with the interior wipes I used a few weeks back. My panels and dash still have a new from the dealer look. I used to have a problem with water leaving runs on the door panel but that doesn't happen either. Ok back to the topic. I think i'm going to do like I used to and grab some seat covers. That would be a very effect method. My malibu had seat covers with no tint and when i sold it they looked great.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');