• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gunk engine degreasing review...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gunk engine degreasing review...!

I'm thinking of looking for this stuff next time I go to Pep Boys, but would Purple Power be sufficient to degrease my engine? It's pretty dirty, its a daily driver, and is says on the bottle it can be used at full strength on engine bays. But, I ask you MOL, should purple power really be applied to an engine?
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I have been using Gunk to keep my engines clean along with Meguiar's to keep the exterior finishes like new! A great comb!

Comment

For a dirty, greasy engine Gunk is the first product that I reach for. Today I wait for Foamy Engine Brite to go on sale. But thirty years ago (or longer) I would buy Gunk in one gallon tins. Very inexpensive and I would put it in a sprayer and soak the engine with it.
        Today I warm up the engine for about five minutes then let the heat distribute for another half an hour. Cover the engine completely with Gunk and wait another ten minutes to soak. Then just wash off with a sprayer on a garden hose. Repeat if required. To dress the engine when dry I spray it with Costco's cheapo tire dressing and let it dry again. The wipe with a towel as needed.

Comment

Where does all the grease go that is washed off? Down the storm drains? We need to be aware of our obligations to control the disposal of petroleum products into the local water table.
          Art Layton
          2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

I used the foamy today. Worked really good but I felt I was shooting silly string in the bay.
            It was fun!
            Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
            baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');