• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting oil off of concrete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting oil off of concrete

My car leaked some a little oil on concrete and it is proving very difficult to remove. Do yall have any tips or tricks to get it off?
    '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
    '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
    Attention to detail is the key to success
    Steve

Re: Getting oil off of concrete

Degreaser and a pressure washer?

Comment

What have you tried?

A degreaser, Dawn, and lots of rain come to mind....
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ive just tried some soap and water so far. It wont get rained on though, it is in the garage unfortunately.
        '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
        '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
        Attention to detail is the key to success
        Steve

Comment

I've used APC 4:1, then wash it off..makes the rest of the floor look dirty though.
          AeroCleanse, LLC
          Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I would go with the Dawn. If you went with the apc, you would end up doing the whole garage floor. lol.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

what i found that was quick was to use brake cleaner. hit the spot and wipe away with a rag. hit it again if necessary!

it will even get down into the concrete!

Comment

Have you checked the DIY Network site?
                Maybe they have some tips that can work out

Comment

Brake/Parts cleaner in the aersol can works...

Comment

You should try Disc Brake cleaner, if that wont solve the problem, try Diesel. In my country, Diesel/Solar usually use on workshop to clean engine compartment, very good on removing oil, dust, etc. After that, spray it with water + shampoo.

Comment

another +1 for brake cleaner, that has worked a treat for me in the past.

Comment

Wd40

Comment

WD40 followed by dishwashing detergent (Ivory) applied with bristle brush rinsed by garden hose stream

Comment

Originally posted by onnfire View Post
                            Ive just tried some soap and water so far. It wont get rained on though, it is in the garage unfortunately.
                            I had the same thing in my garage caused by my nephews car. What worked for me nice and easy was Simple Green. It's cut the oil and trans fluid pretty really nice. Now most garage floors are a smoother finish than the driveway so that helps with the surface not absorbing much.

What I did was soak a few rags in gasoline and scrubbed off what I could off the surface. Then the next morning I went out there again with the simple Green (full strength - not diluted) and cleaned up the rest with a few shop rags.

Now you may be left with a little staining depending on how bad it was when you started but you should end up with a surface that you can walk on with out residue getting on your shoes or tires of your car.

I also used the same process outside where the concrete surface was more pores and was able to pull up a lot but there were some deeper stains down in the pores that did not come out. I'm sure if I went out there with just a pressure nozzle on a hose and worked it I could remove most of the staining.
                            '08 Accord Cooooupe!

Comment

If you've got it try some wheel brightener, it worked so well for me that is the concrete looks like new and I had to do the rest of the it.
                              The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                              Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');