• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hit the parking pole - Removing Paint Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hit the parking pole - Removing Paint Transfer

Hi.

I hit the pole of my parking lot. The result was that the left front bumper and fender were smashed. I replaced the fender by used one and the bumper was sending out. Besides the used fender has a lot of chips.
    What is the next step? I have a dual action buffer and rotary buffer, but I don't have proper pad and compounds. Would you let me know about how to get rid of the scar and what do I have to need?

Thanks.

Re: I hit the parking pole.

What kinds of pads and compounds need for me?

Comment

Maybe give some M105 a try on a polishing pad.
      Scott

Comment

M105 on the rotary would take care of that!
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I saw the "wet sanding" video but that is for a hood or a paint on the metal. The bumper is a piece of plastic. I bought a primer, clear coat, and bando. Those are not for bumper. Only what I need are M105 and polishing pad (W8207 Single pad)?

How about the chips? How to fix them?

Comment

Originally posted by hermtm2 View Post
            I saw the "wet sanding" video but that is for a hood or a paint on the metal. The bumper is a piece of plastic. I bought a primer, clear coat, and bando. Those are not for bumper. Only what I need are M105 and polishing pad (W8207 Single pad)?

How about the chips? How to fix them?
            M105 by hand will remove all the paint transfer from the pole and also remove any scratches as long as they're not to deep.

As for chip repair there is no easy, fast way to do rock chip repair and have it look GREAT. You can do it quickly and easily and have it look okay. If you want it to look great then the process will become a lot more complicated.

Do a search on Rock Chip or Touch-up paint on this forum and you should be able to find some tips already posted...

Advanced Search

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');