• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All season dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All season dressing

So far im very impressed with this product and i just recieved it a few hours ago! The application of the dressing is such a breeze compared to the water based gels i have been using in the past, that i may not even go back to them. The scent is similar to fabric softeners im sorry but i just had to sniff it Anyway I used it on two types of tires today, one that was pretty smooth with raised white letters, and one that has lots of ridges that ususally causes sling city when i used the water based gel dressings even after buffing. I used some APC+ for my inital cleaning of the tires and wheels on both cars to remove any old dressing and clean them. Dried tires with a terry towel and went to work experimenting. First up was the smooth tire with the raised white letters, i sprayed 3 small shots on the tire and one to prime the applicatior and started spreading the product, the first thing i noticed was the applicator getting a bit dirty, this never happened with the waterbased dressings, so i than concentrated on the white letters and noticed them geting brighter! The solvents in the dressing must have been doing a light cleaning which helped with the bonding, or something to that effect. So i finished up all the tires, went in to get something to eat come back out a few mintues later and the tires were dry to the touch already. Next up were the ridged tires applied with applicator 3 shots per tire wiped on, let air dry for a few mintues came back and it was also dry to the touch, even in the ridges. I was feeling daring so i took it for a sling test around the block and there was no sling at all! I will follow up on this review in a week or so after a wash and let you know how its holding up. But so far ill give this product an A+ for ease of use. Also sorry about the horrible format

Thanks for posting... I placed my order for ASD yesterday and should get it tomorrow. I've tried Hyper dressing with great results (inside and out). Hyper does wash away in the rain. I was trying to find one product for all plastic, vinyl, and rubber. I'll still use Hyper inside and ASD outside. Thanks again for the heads up.

Comment

Good stuff doubt youll be disapointed! I too want to see if it can withstand some rain.

Comment

Little update, gave the cars a bath today and the dressing including on the tires shows no wear! This is with regular NXT wash. Trim is still dark and they car have seen rain once since application.

Comment

Tried it too. It's easy to apply. Hadn't seen how well it lasts in the rain yet. Thanks for update.

Comment

Two months later.

Winterized the jeep last weekend and the trim while not glossy or shinny, still was holding onto the black look after about 8 or 9 washes with nxt. The all season dressing is my new go-to for most tires now, it can really take a few days of rain and still keep that dressed look. The better you clean the trim before application the longer the dressing will last. Although the dressing is not waterbased the solvents seem to evaporate very rapidly and seem to aid in minor cleaning. So after two months of use ill give this product two thumbs up

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
              Thanks for posting... I placed my order for ASD yesterday and should get it tomorrow. I've tried Hyper dressing with great results (inside and out). Hyper does wash away in the rain. I was trying to find one product for all plastic, vinyl, and rubber. I'll still use Hyper inside and ASD outside. Thanks again for the heads up.
              That is the thing I love about hyper dressing. When ever you wash, it comes right off. One of my favorite products.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
                that is inteesting, I find that Hyper dressing last a long time on my tires, sometimes 8-10 days even with rain. I useit 1:1 on tires. I used to use it onthe interior until I found out it has no UV protectant.

Another dood thing about Hyper is you don't have to worry about getting it on your rims since it is water based.
                "Washing for the People"

Comment

Acura,

Is ASD good for dressing molding and trim, does it have durabilty on these parts of the car?
                  "Washing for the People"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');