• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing canopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing canopy

Hi all,
    Just looking for some advice or suggestions, I need to have my big shade tree cut down that's next to my driveway and need some sort of shade now to wash and work on vehicles under. I don't have a lot to spend on this, so the expensive ones aren't really in my budget right now.

Here's two different options I came across, http://www.acecanopy.com/18carwaca.html This Ace Canopy is made for carwashing, says it takes one person 25 minutes to put up, but it only has a 30 day warranty. That size would fit nicely.

Here's another option, Dicks has this 10x15 which I would buy two of them, which would give me 20x15 working area http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3121112

Not sure how hard these would be to put up and take down by myself. I've never used one of these before, so just wanted some feedback or if anyone has any experience with these, I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Detailing canopy

The only canopies I have experience with are the EZ Up brand that we bought from Costco. Always worked well but wasn't always big/long enough for keeping the car out of the sun.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Just came from Lowes and was looking at their 10x10 canopy for about $100.00 ea. I know Home Depot and Menards are about the same.Would look for a sale or a $25.00 off lowes coupon if possible.If you want I do have a $10.00 off of any purchase at Lowes over $50.00 . that expires 07/14/08 that I could mail to you. I have a 10x10 that came from dicks about two years ago and does fine as long as you anchor it down. Paul
      Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
      317-513-4678

Comment

If you're going for cheap, why not get their 10x20? http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...Id=3121113&cp= That would give you plenty of room to work just about any vehicle. Plus you'd only have one canopy to set up and tear down. One canopy to store when you're not using it.

I use an EZUP 10x20 and it's plenty of room to work a full size Expedition.
        2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
        2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

And here's another thread on this topic...

Canopy's

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

PM sent.
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
              http://www.acecanopy.com/18carwaca.html This Ace Canopy is made for carwashing, says it takes one person 25 minutes to put up ...
              Almost 400 lbs.

Comment

Thanks everyone...Paul, thank you for the offer, I appreciate you offering to send me the coupon, I think I have one on the table that I got in the mail recently?

Nick, the 10x20 sounds good, accept I was wondering if 10' is wide enough? I want to be able to set this up in my driveway and not have to move the vehicle. I can just tear it down and store it in my garage when not in use.

Zoran, thank you, I guess I overlooked the 400 lb fact, I won't be going that route!

Mike, thanks for the links and the input

PorscheGuy, I will reply to your IM, thank you.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                  Nick, the 10x20 sounds good, accept I was wondering if 10' is wide enough?
                  IMHO and IMHE 10' is not wide enough. Even 12' might not be wide enough. Still too much side of a car gets exposed to sun.

Comment

check it

This company lets you custom design your own canopy. They offer many differen't size' & configurations. The prices are not too bad either

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');