• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some scratchx product questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some scratchx product questions?

hi, i'm new to this forum, and have a few questions on meguiar's products...

1. Is ScratchX's consistency suppose to be clear liquid like? because when i tilt mine upside down to squeeze some out, like clear water flies out like no tomorrow; isnt it suppose to be like wax's texture? (shaken it for a few mins.too, can it be expired? lol)

2. how and what can scratchx be used for? can I wash, then clay my car and then use scratchx as a polish? then wax my car? or does scratchx not take the place of polish?

3. did i get ripped off at Kragens? cause i bought the smooth surface kit that includes the detailer spray, 2 50g clay bars, and the small bottle of cleaner wax the microfiber towels for $28.xx, when meguiars site sells it for $16.99

thank you all in advance for the responses and help - jeff

Re: some scratchx product questions?

Hi Jeff, welcome to MOL.

My Scratch X is a little bit watery. Something like a yogurtish consistency. Mine after a year plus still works fine.

I kinda use it for spot fix and not the whole car.

I dont quite use it that often so I cant say much. But worry not, I'll bet there lots of helpful members as always.

Hope this helps

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

You should give your ScratchX tube a nice shake before using.

Read the links
      Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Comment

Originally posted by jli801 View Post
        hi, i'm new to this forum, and have a few questions on meguiar's products...

1. Is ScratchX's consistency suppose to be clear liquid like? because when i tilt mine upside down to squeeze some out, like clear water flies out like no tomorrow; isnt it suppose to be like wax's texture? (shaken it for a few mins.too, can it be expired? lol)

2. how and what can scratchx be used for? can I wash, then clay my car and then use scratchx as a polish? then wax my car? or does scratchx not take the place of polish?

3. did i get ripped off at Kragens? cause i bought the smooth surface kit that includes the detailer spray, 2 50g clay bars, and the small bottle of cleaner wax the microfiber towels for $28.xx, when meguiars site sells it for $16.99

thank you all in advance for the responses and help - jeff

First to MOL

ScratchX should be what the photo shows, if it stays like that, I would take it back to the store you bought it from and exchange it or call Meguiar's customer support.

ScratchX can be used for a polish, but there are others out there that can be used for the whole car. I use ScratchX for dog nail marks, scratches etc. The main ones I've read from least to most aggressive are: M09(similar to ScratchX), M80, M83. Numbers explained better .

You just have to shop around for stuff, thats a pretty normal price I've seen, but I just picked up the same kit at a Bi-Mart in Medford OR on sale for 11.99. Meguiars E store or others such as ADS (Auto Detailing Solutions) has products as well. Ripped off? Depends, cost of gas vs. shipping price, ease of getting products vs. waiting for them in mail etc etc. I try shop local and support my local economy.

Check this page out for more threads on using products:

List O' Links by Ryan aka: lilblkblt04, did an awesome job putting together some great information.
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

thanks all for the replies. all were helpful. i got it as a present since christmas of '07 and it came in that holiday starter package thing. with the glass cleaner, scratchx, interior detailer, car soap, liquid wax, etc.

my scratchx is not even close to that... its like clear water and if i squeeze it quickly all over my car it would fart out some creamish wax color like yogurt with it. but mostly water-like liquid.
          (will post pic soon)

shaked this for about 3 mins...

Thanks again and will go and put some of these advices to good use.
          -Jeff

Comment

My tube was like you described. (This is the "new" version of ScratchX) I'd shake it well and get a squirt of watery stuff. I squirted the watery stuff out about five or six times (shaking a lot in between) and finally got to where it's now as it should be and usable.

Mort

Comment

Originally posted by Mort Corey View Post
              My tube was like you described. (This is the "new" version of ScratchX) I'd shake it well and get a squirt of watery stuff. I squirted the watery stuff out about five or six times (shaking a lot in between) and finally got to where it's now as it should be and usable.

Mort
              yea it does say the new and improved....(Meguiars: why dont we just fill it with liquid and therefore we wont have to give as much product...) lol

but yea i been shaking it for like 5-10 mins really quick and squeezed some more liquid out and i seems like its getting a lot better. thanks...

too bad in the past i never squeezed the liquid out until i tried to use it... and gave up thinking my tube was defective...

-Jeff

Comment

Moving to Customer Service Hot Line Forum Group.

If you could, click the link below and share your experience via the contact form as by doing this it is logged and discussed by managers and if we see an uptick in any kind of issues then an investigation will be prompted.

Contact Customer Care
                http://www.meguiars.com/customercare/

Meguiar's does stand behind their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and we've been doing this for over 100 years, so if you're not happy with the performance of any of our products then simply return the product to the place of purchase with your receipt or call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by jli801 View Post
                  yea it does say the new and improved....(Meguiars: why dont we just fill it with liquid and therefore we wont have to give as much product...) lol

-Jeff
                  The reason for that was it enables Scratch X to be used with a machine and not gum up. The newer version is supposed to be more watery. You still get the same amount of product.

Comment

Here is what will assist me in investigating this problem. On the crimped area of the bottle there should be a batch code stamped into the tube, very small and you may need a magnifying lens to read it. Please send me that information along with basic feedback of what the problem is.

This will allow Meguiar's to investigate this problem in detail to find out the problem and a solution.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or problems

Tom Mac Donald
                    Meguiar's Inc
                    800-854-8073
                    tmacdonald@meguiars.com

Comment

wow the administrators are really nice and supportive behind their products. (good thing).

please dont mistake my comment on less product as negative... was a joke

but i will try again when i have time with this tube of scratchx and see if i get more of the thick consistency when i squeeze it out.

but overall i am happy with meguiars products, just was never really able to obtain a good experience yet with the scratchx, but like i said earlier i think after a good 5-10mins of shaking and squeezing some clear liquid out, it looks like it suppose to.

Thanks for the help so far and will follow up with batch number, and complaints if i really cant get this to work when i have time again later and see that this step is necessary.

-Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');