• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to mix your car wash solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to mix your car wash solution

Why not do like the liquid Laundry detergent people do?
    Supply a container with measuring cap and tap?
    LOOKY>>

Comment

I can't remember where I saw this? (medicine bottle, maybe?) All you had to do was squeeze the bottle. It had a pre-measured area at the top so when it was full you just poured it out. Very handy.

Comment

A most excellent idea!
        Originally posted by james1300 View Post
        Why not do like the liquid Laundry detergent people do?
        Supply a container with measuring cap and tap?
        LOOKY>>

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Expedition View Post
          A most excellent idea!

Makes sense. I just use a measuring cup myself. Very easy.
          2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, Octane Blue

Comment

Why not just put a 1oz pump on the bottle so you just pump it directly into the bucket You can pick them up at any Janitorial supply shop or industial supplies shope, likely some automotive chains etc. K.I.S.S. Still I haven't read the ratio suggestions for some time, I've been under soaping somewhat. Then I need to check how many gallons my wash bucket holds.

Comment

This post and the videos on this website has changed the way I look at car care. This simple step made my car washing so much easier. I used to put soap and then water never measured. I was always having to refill the bucket now I have enough soapy water.

Just wanted to say thanks the time you but into this helped me out.

Comment

I have the meguiars soft gel wash, and it says 1 oz(4 cap fulls)

Comment

2 glugs in a 5gal bucket works for me, didn't think washing the car was rocket science

Comment

Welllll it isn't rocket science, but as long as you're using a car soap it doesn't matter, some people grab dish soap which has extra chemicals in it that might strip the wax off the car and do harm over time that isn't going to be good for the paint.
                    Last edited by Bruclee; Jun 14, 2011, 12:19 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by JetterIsBetter View Post
                      I have the meguiars soft gel wash, and it says 1 oz(4 cap fulls)
                      That's the standard measure per Gallon for pretty much all of their car washing products. 1 oz per gallon of water, usually a single gallon isn't enough to wash a car unless it's the very small ones.

Comment

Where do you get these buckets. . . . . .I WANT ONE!!!

"Where do you get these buckets. . . . . .I WANT ONE!!!". . . . .I found them on Autogeek!!
                        Last edited by The Dodge; Jun 28, 2011, 11:06 AM. Reason: Cuase I'm a IDIOT!!

Comment

The "wonder cup" from Milmour is a great measuring cup for this. the measurements are all printed on a clear plastic cylider with no top or bottom. There is a plunger that fits snugly in the cylinder. You move the plunger to the amount you want (it has oz, tsp, tbsp, cups, ml, etc) fill it then when you go to pour you push the plunger to get all the product out. If i want 4oz, i set it at 5 then fill to the 1 oz mark so that i am not trying to fill to the very top

Amazon has it

Comment

Slightly off topic but storing anything near a hot water tank is not a good idea - kind of funny the statement below the picture says YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL!!!

Comment

Nice tips.
                              Nice tips.

No more glut glut for me. I think I will use a laundry detergent cap.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                                I thought each 'glug' was an ounce?!?!

My local Sherwin-Williams Automotive has mixing cups that work great for measuring too. They come in different sizes, I like the 8 oz ones. They are about $0.29 each so it's not a big deal if you lose it. I just keep one in my wash bucket at all times.

This just made my day!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');