• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bmw 745il Make-over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!

WOW!

and uhhhhhhh....WOW!

I'm stunned.

Great Job.
    Life's short, put the top down!

Comment

Excellent work.

Eric
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

AMAZING JOB!!!!

Allot of work, but what a sense of satisfaction when it is all done.
        I have a sense of satisfaction from just reading how you restored an amazing shine to that awesome car. When I move on to color sanding I am going to make sure I memorize how you did it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Comment

Show me more of your set-up

I really like your set-up with your van and all, can you post a few pictures of the interior and the equipment you use? As someone wanting to get into the mobile side of the business I would like to see your set-up and get an idea of what the van and extras cost you?
          "Washing for the People"

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the kind words. I love detailing and really enjoyed reading mikes step by step posts so I decided to write one myself.

It was fun.

Seems like there is allot of interest in colorsanding. I do allot of complete colorsand/wet sanding jobs on many classic show cars. I will be sure to include a step by step type post on my next job.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Absolutely awesome job.
              I hope the dealership paid you well. You should have some commision on the sale - the car was previously unsaleable and now there will be a queue round the block for it.
              Like Mike said work like that is a true art form.

Comment

Great Thread!! For us amateurs, it is amazing to see what can be done by skilled craftsman. I am amazed. Thanks for posting this.
                Mark
                1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
                1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
                2002 F150 Harley Davidson
                2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

Absolutly Beautiful!! Just outta curiosity, what did you charge for that job (if you don't mind me asking).

How would you recommend I "interview" someone of your caliber before hiring just some joe-schmo outta the phone book?

Thanks and agian, GREAT JOB!
                  Give me a dirty martini and a great cigar, cause nothing beats a nice tight white ash!

Located on the West Coast of the East Coast of North America (Tampa, Florida)

Comment

guys,

may i ask why you need to put the buffing pad to a sealed plastic when not in use? can you give us the details of the step by step procedure on what you did with the bmw? without the picture for better procedure......thanks
                    Last edited by teammgwrs; Mar 13, 2004, 06:29 AM.
                    TEAMMEGUIARS CAR CARE CENTER
                    Locations :Bonifacio Global City and Imus-K21
                    Tel. No. 63-2-8160821
                    Handphone 63-917-8213920

Comment

Originally posted by teammgwrs
                      guys,

may i ask why you need to put the buffing pad to a sealed plastic when not in use?
                      I buy Ziploc bags in bulk at Costco. I send one box of each size out to the garage so they are readily accessible. Putting your pads in a Ziploc bags is great way to keep them from getting dirty and reduces the chance of picking up a dirt particle that could end up scratching your paint.

Lynn
                      Lynn Matthews

Comment

Originally posted by teammgwrs
                        guys,

may i ask why you need to put the buffing pad to a sealed plastic when not in use?
                        Also, makes finding a dedicated pad easier and makes for a more organized appearence when stored.

Eric
                        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by ftboomer
                          Absolutly Beautiful!! Just outta curiosity, what did you charge for that job (if you don't mind me asking).

How would you recommend I "interview" someone of your caliber before hiring just some joe-schmo outta the phone book?

Thanks and agian, GREAT JOB!
                          I would recommend doing what you would do if you’re looking for a competent person to do any job for you. Get references and check them, find out everything you can about detailing and see if what they say makes since, try to get a look at the last couple of cars they detailed.
                          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Re: Show me more of your set-up

Originally posted by AutoNova
                            I really like your set-up with your van and all, can you post a few pictures of the interior and the equipment you use? As someone wanting to get into the mobile side of the business I would like to see your set-up and get an idea of what the van and extras cost you?
                            I will see if I can remember to post some pics of the van.

Comment

Absolutely an incredible job. I am throughly impressed. I hope with enough practice I will be able to tackle wet sanding and master the rotary. I saw you posted the before pics on Autopia(I think) and was hoping to see the after pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine

I used #85 diamond cut with a wool CUTTING pad to remove the sanding marks. I followed that with DACP and a wool POLISHING pad. Then DACP with w-7009 (i think thats the part number) maroon pad.

Did you use these products on the whole car or just the sanded spots?

Also do you think this outcome can be achieved with a porter cable 7424?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');