• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments from Meguiar's Open Garage - July 10th, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures & Comments from Meguiar's Open Garage - July 10th, 2008

Pictures & Comments from Meguiar's Open Garage - July 10th, 2008

Huge turnout tonight! Lots of fun and everyone had a chance to try out the new washable foam buffing pads.

A.J. flew in from Pennsylvania for some business in SoCal and came by Meguiar's Garage to have fun and help out...

Before - Wrecking Yard Hood - Horrible condition

George Bacus and Mike Stoops discuss detailing...

Our new foam pads fit the backing plate of the BO6040

Our new foam buffing pads fit the backing plate on the Flex

The pad on the right is our new pad,it's only slightly larger than the W-8006

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Pictures & Comments from Meguiar's Open Garage - July 10th, 2008

As always, thanks Mike for the education, food, and most importantly, FUN!

Comment

Hey Mike,

What were you able to find out about the soft Honda Fit paint?
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Had great fun yesterday as usual! Thanks Mike (both Mikes) and Meguiars for this fun event.
        "Huu duyen thien ly nang tuong ngo,
        Vo duyen doi dien bat tuong phung."

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
          Hey Mike,

What were you able to find out about the soft Honda Fit paint?
          Yes.

The Andrew aka andrewc_11890 did a great job of removing the swirls and he left a really nice finish with only some very light micro-marring.

We used some ColorX and a finishing pad to work this out and then topped with NXT Tech Wax.

This was the car,

Don't think we took any before shots to show how bad the swirls were but they were horrific. We also discussed the difference in expectations for a show car finish and a daily driver as this is a daily driver and for the same reasons the finish was horrific it's usually not a good idea to try to create show car finish on a daily driver because most owners can't maintain a show car finish.

:0
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The new cutting foam is a VAST improvement over the original IMO. I'm not sure it can cut to the same degree(would take more than a few minutes to really test it), but it does not grab, pull, or heat up nearly as much as the old foam.
            I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Cool, Thanks Mike.

I had tried ColorX but it was with a polishing pad. I wasn't really getting micro marring (small orbital marks), it was actually very faint rotational swirls that I was not able to see with my Xenon, all looked great on test spot. They only showed in direct sunlight and I honeslty don't think anyone would have ever noticed them...just my OCD at it's best.

I will try it again with a Polishing pad and see how it turns out.

Rasky
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Two posts for me... The first not detail related.

So my girlfriend came along with me. It turned out that her and George's girlfriend were friends in elementary school and hadn't seen each other in YEARS.

So... Thank you, Meguiars, for putting on this class where old friends can find each other and rekindle old friendships!

-Casey.

Next post will have before and after pics of a Jetta that has been transformed well beyond my expectations using only M-105...

Comment

this was me bugging one of the other guys while he was cleaning his car and i was done with mine...=D

[Sorry, but we had to remove your photo as it does not follow our family friendly guidelines; Thanks, Tim]

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');