• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small issue with my G110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small issue with my G110

Well I finally got to break out my G110, and it works amazingly well, but I did run into an issue; kind of a hiccup if you will. 2 of the 3 screws (small black ones) that are located where the rotation takes place (where the backing plate screws into) keep working themselves out. More of a nuisance than anything because I have to stop, remove the plate, re-screw the screws back in and finally put the plate back on. Not the end of the world but my G110 likes doing it right as I am applying fresh product.

So, I was wondering if there was a way to keep those screws in place. Maybe some form of glue that someone has heard of or should I just replace the locking washers? Can the washers be replaced by Meguiars or can someone tell me where I can pick some up at?

This is a great machine either way and I am glad to finally have it.

Re: Small issue with my G110

A Little Dab Of Clear Nail Polish Should Do The Trick

Comment

Nail polish will act as a glue? Thats a great idea! Thanks.

Comment

The High Tech Way Would Be A Product Called Loc-tite But Its A Little Pricey

Comment

Loctite will help ensure screws dont go out.

Tim
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Available small tubes of Loctite threadlocker from home improvement stores and most auto parts stores.

We use this for numerous vibration prone products.

here is a list of most common Loctite thread locker, if you have a phillips head screw or size fastener under 1/4" use one of these:

Loctite® 222™ ThreadlockerLow strength threadlocker for small screw.
            Loctite® 242® ThreadlockerMedium strength, general purpose threadlocker.
            Loctite® 2432™ ThreadlockerMedium strength threadlocker for active and inactive metals
            Loctite® 243™ ThreadlockerGeneral purpose, medium strength, oil resistant threadlocker

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
              A Little Dab Of Clear Nail Polish Should Do The Trick

Good tip! Never heard of using nail polish but will be sure to give it a try!

Andy
              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');