• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between M66 and D151?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between M66 and D151?

What is the difference between M66 and D151?

I know M66 is for high volume detail operations and is an all in one product. D151 seems to be the same type of thing. Is each respective product better at certain things?

Thanks in advance

Re: Difference between M66 and D151?

I've tried 66 and it's a good AIO product that will remove light marring. Just received some 151 which is supposed so be quite a bit more aggressive but have yet to put it to the test.

Mort

Comment

OK that makes sense. I tried 151 on heavily oxidized single stage and it worked out nicely. Didn't have enough cut to remove the oxidation, so I used 105 on the first pass then finished up with the 151. Finished up very nicely.

Comment

kerrinjeff - do you use a rotory or DA?

Comment

Originally posted by jmitch8011 View Post
          kerrinjeff - do you use a rotory or DA?
          I use a rotary.

I used a red solo wool pad with 151 on the rotary about 1500 RPM initially to test the cutting power. With 2 passes it couldn't cut through the severe oxidation so I opted for 105 and an LC orange pad and that did the trick with oxidation. I finished up with M151 and a purple foamed wool at 1200 RPM and that really brought out the shine. Here's the thread where I documented all of this

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
            What is the difference between M66 and D151?

I know M66 is for high volume detail operations and is an all in one product. D151 seems to be the same type of thing. Is each respective product better at certain things?

Thanks in advance
            Different abrasives... M66 uses diminishing abrasives and D151 uses our Super Micro Abrasive technology.

What's the difference between Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive technology and Meguiar's Diminishing Abrasive technology?

Originally posted by michaeld0983 View Post
            Hello guys,
            Can you tell me the differences between super micro abrasive that we found in M105 and the diminishing abrasive?
            Thanks
            Meguiar's Diminishing Abrasive(s) - Abrasive(s) that actually break down as you use them. For example, they may start out a certain size or shape, and during the buffing cycle, they will actually breakdown to nothing, so there are only polishing oils working for you. We pioneered and have been utilizing this technology for about 75 years in many of our compounds, cleaners, cleaner/polishes, and cleaner/waxes.

Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive(s) - With technology comes advancements. We simply developed a new style / mix of abrasive(s) we refer to as “Super Micro Abrasive Technology”. We can say, this new "style" of abrasives are very small and do not "breakdown" like OUR diminishing abrasive technology does. This new abrasive technology is exclusive to Meguiar’s and is not available to any other company.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, that's great info.

So at the end of the day, which would you get for your "All in one" product in your arsenal?

Comment

So at the end of the day, which would you get for your "All in one" product in your arsenal?
                That's one of the problems with Meguiars products.....there can never be only one The closest I've come is on wash soaps where I only have two on hand.

Mort

Comment

Originally posted by Mort Corey View Post
                  That's one of the problems with Meguiars products.....there can never be only one The closest I've come is on wash soaps where I only have two on hand.

Mort

LOL, good point!

Comment

Thanks, that's great info.

Both.

That way if one isn't giving you the results you expect on a particular paint type you have another option.

Different types of abrasives will react differently on different types of paint, you won't know till you do a Test Spot.

Probably not the answer you wanted but probably the answer you expected.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Yep, looks like I'll be picking up some M66

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        Different abrasives... M66 uses diminishing abrasives and D151 uses our Super Micro Abrasive technology.
                        Is that the only difference in the formula?

Ryan
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                          Is that the only difference in the formula?
                          Ryan
                          Not sure to tell the truth, can check and see...

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');