• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User having an issue with Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User having an issue with Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

The following question was posted for me on a Honda forum...below is the users post and mine. I believe he was referring to the "Natural Shine" protectant.

I have no experience with this product but can't imagine it would stain the plastic, Mike can you or one of the other experts maybe help this guy out?

Thanks,
    Rasky

Originally posted by Fiji_Blue_FG2
    Dear Rasky, I have gotten Meguiar's interior cleaner on the tachometer and even some on the speedometer clear plastic pieces. It wont come off! lol I've tried, invisible glass glass cleaner, goo gone, simple green diluted, even some nail polish remover, oh and Meguiar's plastX. I cant get it off and don't really want to have to buy entire new pieces and tear the dash apart to replace them. its like $70 just for the tachometer plastic piece. To describe it its just spots on the plastic that has baked on from the heat, you cant feel it with your fingernail. I know a lot of others have this same problem...anything that can be done?
    Originally posted by RaskyR1
    Some of those chemicals can possibly soften/melt the plastic....what Meguiars product where you using?
    Originally posted by Fiji_Blue_FG2
    it was meguiar's "natural shine vinyl&rubber protectant" it comes in a red bottle and has a very thick white creamy consistency

Originally posted by RaskyR1
    Very odd that it stained the plastic. You may want to contact Meguiars customer service about it and see if they can help. It's possible those other chemicals may have damaged it further though.
    Rasky
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Re: User having an issue with Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

Looks like he someone has already posted the correct thing to do and that's for him to contact our Customer Care department; the Customer Care Hotline phone number is on the back of the bottle of Natural Shine.

Natural Shine isn't for clear plastics and it's possible that there could be some kind of incompatibility.

At this point since he says the plastic is already stained he could try using some PlastX to try to remove the stained area and restore clarity.

PlastX

This won't be easy as the face of the plastic is housed inside of the tach housing.

This is one of the reasons it's a good idea to dampen a clean cloth with a dressing instead of spraying a dressing as it keeps you from getting overspray on the wrong surfaces.

Send him the link to this thread you've started and then he can call Customer Care and cite this thread and see what our Customer Care department can do.

Thanks for being proactive on this issue Chad.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Will do Mike, Thanks!
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Also share this with him too...

How To Apply Interior Dressings

Using the right technique will help him to avoid the same problem in the future with any dressing he uses.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');