• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Detail class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Detail class

Has Maguire's thought about having a motorcycle detailing class.

Re: Motorcycle Detail class

I would be interested too!

Comment

Thought about it a whole bunch and even have taken action on the idea.

Every time we've had any "Bike Owners" at ANY of our classes we asked them if they can help us to reach out to the motorcycle community in whatever circle they happen to run in and the answer has always been "Yes" but nothing has ever come from it.

This would include Harley Davidson, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha the major names in the industry. Not sure why it's never come together but we're open to all motorcycle clubs.

For 2009 we're moving away from classes dedicated to specific clubs and moving towards 90% "Open Classes" as we've found them to be the most successful classes for everyone involved.

A club can still come to Meguiar's' but their members just need to get signed up for an "Open Class" date before it fills up.

If you belong to a Motorcycle club see if your members have any interest in a class at Meguiar's and then shoot me an e-mail.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike I'm a rider and it simply comes down to the fact that bikes are 'abused' much more than cars, making it pointless to properly detail... I keep mine as clean as possible by using QD and m/f towel pretty much every other time I ride, just so all the dirt and grime doesn't add up, but as far as keeping swirls off, etc. I've tried, and trust me it's impossible... there's way too much stuff making it's way across the paint to keep it nice like car paint... a lot of riders would benefit from learning how to keep the bike clean over all and not let it become too dirty over time...
        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

I was a rider... owned 3 750 Yamaha Seca 750's as I really liked this bike when it first came out, in fact bought my first one brand new off the showroom floor.

Love big bikes...

Back on topic...

If a Motorcycle club wants to schedule a Saturday Class that's cool but in 2009 it looks like we're going to the "Open Class" format and they can sign-up for any "Open Class" and come as a group or on their own.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Thought about it a whole bunch and even have taken action on the idea.

Every time we've had any "Bike Owners" at ANY of our classes we asked them if they can help us to reach out to the motorcycle community in whatever circle they happen to run in and the answer has always been "Yes" but nothing has ever come from it.

This would include Harley Davidson, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha the major names in the industry. Not sure why it's never come together but we're open to all motorcycle clubs.
            Mike-

When I learned that Megs had a motorcycle line I spoke with my neighbor who works in the Service Dept for a local Harley dealer. In his answer might be part of the challenge.. Harley has it's own detail line (apparently).
            Now, if Megs could get in at the corporate level....

Just thought the info might help.

Rob
            Rob A.
            '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
            '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Harley does carry there own brand along with the s-100 line. I have often wondered where Harleys wax comes from and who makes it. I have never read the label too see if it says.

Comment

Originally posted by lecchilo View Post
                Mike I'm a rider and it simply comes down to the fact that bikes are 'abused' much more than cars, making it pointless to properly detail... I keep mine as clean as possible by using QD and m/f towel pretty much every other time I ride, just so all the dirt and grime doesn't add up, but as far as keeping swirls off, etc. I've tried, and trust me it's impossible... there's way too much stuff making it's way across the paint to keep it nice like car paint... a lot of riders would benefit from learning how to keep the bike clean over all and not let it become too dirty over time...
                IMO, bikes are just like cars nowadays. Before, you would have metal body cars and now you have plastic body cars and plastic body motorcycles.

I have had my Yamaha R6 for 4 yrs now (bought it brand new), and I took care of the paint from day one. I can tell you that I honestly do not have any swirl marks in my paint. The most I have on my paint is a small knick here, and a light scratch there. No one can tell unless I point it out. I STILL have people asking me if its an 08, or if its brand new. I wouldnt have any light scratches on my paint if I had a rotary buffer

Now, I must admit that on the bottom fairings...the paint on the underside of the fairings has definitely seen better days...but if you think about the circumstance: a painted body part with its painted, clear coated side facing the ground, which is about 4-5 inches from the asphalt. Something is bound to scratch/knick, especially when you are going 100 down the turnpike.

I have found out that a good percentage of motorcycle paint issues come from the user (ie: dragging your shoe across the paint while getting on, rubbing your shoe on the paint when you are riding, simple careless issues like hitting something when you are moving the bike in/around your garage, your pant buttons/zipper rubbing against the paint, checking a fluid and a ring/watch/bracelet rubs agains the paint, etc.) At least this is what I have learned from asking my friends about certain things on their bikes.

Comment

There are two most popular methods to sell your used car when you’ve decided it’s time to have a new one; the first one is more immediate and the other way will make you more money. Here’s our guides to sell your car at best price or quickest.

Comment

Originally posted by janessa View Post
                    There are two most popular methods to sell your used car when you’ve decided it’s time to have a new one; the first one is more immediate and the other way will make you more money. Here’s our guides to sell your car at best price or quickest.

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');